01 October 2011

添芬藍 Series 55 ~ Tie Me a Ribbon, will you?

 I have this love for Naraya bags ever since I started flying.
You know, those satin/polyester bags with the 'magical' big ribbons in front that 
many of us buy in bulk from Bangkok.
I say the ribbons are magical because almost every one of my female colleague owns 
at least one, if not, more items from Naraya. 
Totes, small carriers, make-up pouches with mirrors, mobile phone holders, tissue paper holders and the list goes on.
Every lady seems to fall for the charm of the ribbon.
And no one that I know doesn't owe one of this.



The classic Naraya tote bag, with its signature ribbon and quilts.
It's just a matter of which colour we have.

Many of my colleagues have it in black. 
This bag is so useful during our travelling. 
We use it as a shopping bag when we are out.
If our shopping loot gets too much for our luggage, we whip this bag out as a secondary carry-on bag. 
The company only allows black bags as a secondary bag at that time.
Pretty, discreet, lightweight, compact, plenty of storage space and oh, so adorable!

I think Naraya has really hit the jackpot with the quilts & ribbon.
Apart from Chanel signature quilts, no other brand I know has done this so well.
And at a so much more affordable price!

About a year after I started TFL, my mum texted me one day, asking me for a favour. 
Knowing my mum's wacky personality, I smelt something fishy then. 
-____-

For some weird reason, Mum bought a whole cargo of Naraya bags from Bangkok, unable to dispose of them and wanted me to re-sell them on Tian Fen Lan's site.
I was like, "WHATTTTT?????"
Totally rejected the idea.
Mum was going on and on about how the home had no space for the bags and putting them up for sale at the cousin's pushcarts didn't help either.
The funniest thing was when she tried to convince me about how popular the classic Naraya bags were and how she saw many office girls toting the bags on their way to work.
Mum, that doesn't mean I should sell them!!!
I will just be helping Naraya and not Tian Fen Lan!!



I remembered during the shoot, Anna (the model) was looking at the bags and saying 
that she didn't think they would sell well.
Some of those that my mum bought were like...erm...er...duh?
I agree with Anna totally.
Turned out that we were half-correct.
The one that went flying off the 'racks' was the classic Naraya ribbon bag. 
There were black & pink available. 
After they were all sold out within the week, customers were asking for backorders. 
And I was like NO, NO, NO! 
I don't wanna make a name of TFL reselling Naraya bags.
I never even tell my mom that so many customers wanted the BO. 
Or I'm sure she will fly to Bangkok again just for that!
Hahaha!

The thing I always wish about Naraya bags is if only they are available in a stronger material like faux leather. 
Satin/polyester is great but it's not durable & pro enough for work & school, isn't it?
The shoulder straps are a tad too thin too, if there is a lot of load inside the bag.

So one fine day, while looking for ideas for the next manufactured bag, I thought of this Naraya bag.
Why not, I thought?
I might just be able to start a whole line of bags, with the ribbon bow as a charm!

So, the sample you saw on me a few months back was like a miniature version of the Naraya bag.



Alright, not exactly a direct faux leather version. 
Quilts and a ribbon bow sound too much for a faux leather bag, don't they?
More of like just the ribbon bow feature that I superimpose on an otherwise normal flap bag.

I really like the end result a lot!!!

Do you too???
I sure hope so!

Faux leather ribbon bows have never looked so good!!
I can't stop touching the cushy ribbon on the bag!

In true TFL style, I have manufactured this bag in 4 gorgeous colours!
The most wonderful thing about manufacturing is I get a chance to introduce new pretty colours to my customers, otherwise not found in most brick-and-mortar stores or even other online stores. 


I love the little scrunches in the ribbon knot!
So realistic and adorable at the same time!

Roasted Honey is a great colour for girls who like their bags in a less sweet colour. 
Actually, I think this is the 1st time TFL has a manufactured bag in this colour. 
This is my favourite colour of the 4!
I like the combi of the demure ribbon bow and how the honey colour gives a slight rugged touch to the bag.
The Husband was suggesting me to go for something like nude pink, but 4 sweet feminine colours are a tad too much for me.
Need Roasted Honey to balance the equation!

And of course, in Sweet Lilac too!
An always popular colour with TFL's customers!

The bag might seem small, but it can actually fit 2-3 A4 books without problem!
I used the sample for about 1 month and that's the amount of books I have inside most of the time, plus my stationery and other nick-nacks.




Meadow Green is one of the newest colours on TFL's palette.
As in, it is very rare even for TFL's imported bags and a first for TFL manufactured bags!
And I love, love, love this colour after Roasted Honey!!
It's a delicate shade of light green that is such a breeze of fresh air from the usual colours.

The tail ends of the ribbon bow are slightly adjustable. 
So if you find them flapping outwards too much, you can gently pull them in towards the centre.

The shoulder strap length allows shoulder carrying too. 
Just that it is a bit short, because I don't think such a bag will look good with longer shoulder straps.
It will reduce the cuteness of the bag, don't you agree?

There is a back zip pocket for you to put your mobile phone and other things 
that require easy retrieval!

I have not been sponsoring bloggers with TFL manufactured items for quite some time now.
You might have notice that TFL has cut its blogger advertising by a lot this year.
All thanks to my ever supportive customers!!! <3 <3 <3

When the sample was sent for manufacturing, I thought of Miyake, the pretty manga-like blogger.
I really think this bag will suit her kawaii style so well. 
Miyake has always been honest about what she likes from Tian Fen Lan.
So I tried my luck and emailed her.

And I'm lucky! Miyake finds Tie Me a Ribbon Bag cute! =DD
She opted for Peachy Pink, another favourite among TFL's customers.
Looking forward to seeing her gorgeous & always so stylish pics on Sunday!

Tie Me a Ribbon Bag will be launched on Sunday night!
So look out, babes! =DD

Randomly, I'm one of those girls who can't tie a perfect ribbon bow.
You know, those that will look nice on a gift, without a droppy bow or criss-crossing tails.
And I'm just so glad the ribbon bows on the bags are purrrrrrr-fect! =DD



Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...