16 October 2011

Thank you, young man!

 I left the house without eating anything on Saturday.
Had a Classique chocolate cake at Hotel-InterCon lobby at 3 plus.
(Did you know they served a spongy & moist dark choc cake at only S$4.50??)
And the next round of food fuel came at 9pm.

That means
.
.
.
I was hit by a severe bout of gastric.
An old nagging problem.

Doesn't help that past few days of being busy with launch meant skipping lunch.
And only surviving on Jack & Jill potato chips.
I just didn't have time to eat.
The other day, I threw away my packet of dinner, because I simply forgot about it in the midst of invoicing.
Till the next morning when I saw it sitting on the dining table. 

I was having dinner at Kenny Rogers, Great World City.
Didn't realise the restaurant is like Nando's in more than 1 way.

They don't serve hot water. Only bottled water.

What crap!
Even if I'm willing to pay for it, they won't sell!
Such a ridiculous service concept!
Unless I pay for the hot tea, minus the teabag, I get the hot water.
I did that once at Nando's, Tanglin Mall.
Out of no choice.
I don't understand these business people.
You can go ahead charge me 50 cents or even S$1 for that miserable cup of hot water.
I'm not trying to leech for free!

When the waitress told me in a less-than-friendly tone about their refusal to serve hot water, 
my face darkened. 
I can't drink tea when I'm having gastric.
I was hell-bent on not paying for a cup of tea-tea bag = hot water

Worse, the chicken pita I ordered was cold due to the salad in it.
Hell came in the form of me totally cramping up, in the middle of my dinner.
The Husband bought milk from the Burger King opposite.
Didn't help. It was cold
He then bought Actal  (gastric medication) from Watsons.

He took the bottle of Dasani we ordered and asked the staff if he can heat up the water,
saying that he needed it for my gastric medication.
The teenage boy serving him duly handed the Husband a cup of hot water.
No questions asked. 
Not from the Dasani! But proper hot water! 
I don't know whether he need to get prior permission from his manager to do that.
But he's like a knight in shining armour with that gallant cup of hot water!!

Gawd! You can imagine how grateful I was!
I mumbled to the Husband about asking the boy for his name.
But I was in too much pain to verbalise my thought.
And the Husband can't read lips. 
So here I am, at 6:23am, recovering from the gastric with a round of diarrhoea
(don't ask me why, it's always like this),
writing a thank-you note to this kind boy!
All I know is he's bespectacled, thin and a teenager.
Maybe a poly student?

Anyway, thank you, Mr Young Man, for being so kind and unfussy unlike your company!




Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu


It's ridiculous and bossy to force your customers to drink chilled water.
The Dasani at room temperature was still cool.
After all, the room temperature at an air-conditioned place is 25 degrees.
Beverage sales might be a huge source of business revenue.
But to be nonchalant to your customers' needs is just plain selfish and money-minded.

For the amount we chalked up at Kenny Rogers, I rather pay for Din Tai Fung.
More value for money, better food and fuss-free hot water.
I shouldn't have changed my mind last minute.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...