08 October 2011

Some not-so-great buys

I have this insatiable urge to blog these 2 weeks.
Feel like I can just sit at my work table and blog the whole day & night long.
No need to eat, no need to rest, forget about everything else
Just roll out entry after entry after entry after entry, like factory worker.
#bliss

Will you believe me if I say I have like 10 different things that I want to blog about?
That's more than enough entries for the week!
Blogging is really fun, when there is no teacher to mark my grammar, punctuation and vocabulary.
Actually I edit the entries whenever I spot a mistake, even if it's a waaaaay
old entry. #OCD 
 
Only readers will mark my content by 'Liking' it via their Facebook a/c, if they like what they read.
The previous entry on Steve Jobs gathered 4 FB likes.
That's my first time having so many people liking my entry.
I wonder who they are.
Ya, I know 4 is not a huge number. But it is for me!

Anyway, thanks for reading my blog! =))



Hada Labo Retinol Lifting & Firming Lotion


Oh man, doesn't work on me. =((
It gives my skin little bumps after about a week of usage. 
Seemed to be that way whenever I use anything with retinol.
Not the obvious kind but upon close-up, it's like the breaking out of heat rash.
Yes, it definitely moisturises.
But I'm not sure about the lifting & firming part.

I'm halfway through the bottle.
Didn't want to throw it away and waste it.
Maybe I will just use it on my arms & legs and switch back to Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Lotion.


Biore Marshmallow Whip Facial Wash.


The bottle resembles my Dettol handwash soap.

I've tried Biore cleansers before.
They didn't work well for me. 
But this facial wash is made in Japan and perhaps with new formulation, things might be different.
Or so I thought.

The marshmallow-like foam that comes out from the dispenser is really ultra-fine and fluffy.
Just like what was reviewed by various bloggers and as advertised!
Never like any other cleansers I have used before!
The cleansing process feels almost luxurious and more comfortable than with my Hada Labo cleanser.
It speads easier on my face and like what was advertised, definitely less stress on my skin.
This reminds me to do more foaming with my usual cleansers before cleaning my face.

But, but, but...
it was too dry for me!! 

 At first, I thought it was because I pumped the dispenser twice.
Maybe too much cleanser for my face.
So the second time, I pumped once and cleansed within a shorter time frame.
But my cheeks got so dried out that it got extremely uncomfortable during my bath.
As soon as I am done, I dashed out to slap a sheet of the red wine mask on my face.
My goodness, it was such a horrible feeling!



Moral of the story:
Never to use any cleanser with alcohol.

I did scan the ingredient list before checking out.
But I thought, maybe it will be different since reviewers have stated that they don't experience dried skin. 
In case you're wondering, my skin type is combination, but more inclined to dry on my cheeks area.

 I had the same experience with Cleansing Express cleansers.
They too contain alcohol.

The soluble collagen that is supposed to be moisturising does not work on me.
 By the way, I thought collagen is a structural protein that prevents skin sagginess, by being a 'glue' that supports connective tissues together.
If consumed, e.g. Meiji Amino Collagen drink, it can lead to more supple and radiant skin for some. 
Even that requires over time.
Plus to experience the full effects, you still need amino acids and Vitamin C.
But in a wash-off cleanser,  I wonder how it can moisturise.

Oh well, just my luck!

Got to hunt for another cleanser!
My Hada Labo cleansing foam is almost finished and there wasn't any at Watsons yesterday!







Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...