19 October 2011

I (heart) chocolate

One of my favourite activities is grocery (window)shopping at Cold Storage, after every parcel posting.
Yes, it must be Cold Storage.
NTUC just doesn't evoke the same feel.
Drifting through the aisles, ogling at rainbow colour fruits & veggies, marvelling at the wide range of cheese and be dazzled by the endless range of miracle-performing household cleaners.
  No time constraint and before the after-work crowd hog the cashier lines.
Pure heaven!

So on Monday, I saw this display of Van Houten Chocolates at Cold Storage.
Gosh, it has been so long since I last ate them!
Used to be my favourite childhood chocolate before I was inducted into the world of Twirl, Kinder Bueno, Ferreo Rocher and other fanciful chocolates.
Finishing all the chocolates in the iconic long metal box?
Oh, that's easy!

It was a buy-2-and-get-discount kind of promotion. 
There were 3 kinds to choose from, Milk Chocolate with Almond, Milk Chocolate with Raisins, or if you can't decide like me, Assortment pack!
I wonder why hasn't Van Houten done it in Dark Chocolate?

Bought 2 assortment packs.
Don't have to decide which one I like more!




I was so engrossed in munching on the chocolates and reminiscing about the good old days when Mum will give me the whole box, usually from a hamper her customer gives her.
When I'm almost done with the packet, I realised there was a Pizza Hut coupon promotion on it!
Totally escaped my sight!

Let me tell you what it's about!
I can buy a Personal Pan or Personal Crispy Thin pizza for only S$1 (usu. worth S$8.20) if I produce 2 empty Van Houten 80g pouches with the Pizza Hut promo sticker (as seen in the photo), at Pizza Hut outlets.
Personal Crispy Thin Pizza is only available at selected outlets.
I can choose from 4 flavours: Hawaiian, Meat Galore, Curry Chicken & Veggie Lover's

Bonus! I can buy 6 pcs of Roasted Honey Wings at only S$4.50, instead of the usual price: S$6.30!

The promotion is from 1st-31st Oct, 2011!

So lucky to stumble upon this great bargain!
Plus, I bought 2 packets too! Just nice!
Ooooh, the blessings of being a choco-holic!
I don't read newspapers or magazines, so that means Van Houten did not engage bloggers to do a shout-out for this promotion.
I have not had Pizza Hut for a very long time.
The last time I tried their Prawn Aglio Olio, I couldn't get over the large amount of garlic in it.
Prefer Spizza actually, but Crispy Thin sounds tempting!
And hey, if it's only S$1, who's complaining?
That reminds me...I need to wash the insides of the empty pouches well.
Or else, so embarassing...

Apart from Coca-cola, I found the next best drink to go with chocolates!
In my humble opinion. =P






Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...