27 October 2011

One and only one, till now


I've been a Starhub mobile subscriber since I was 20.
 It was the first telco to offer free incoming calls.
A very big deal back then.

As with all long-running relationships, life has not been all smooth-sailing.
In the decade-long marriage we have, I've written in thrice.
At that time, Starhub had a tendency to screw things up for corporate users, resulting in over-billing and an angry me.

If you had read my very first blog post till now (this is 101th), you might still won't know this side of me.

I  C.A.N. write a very nasty feedback letter. 

So painful to read that you won't want to be the person dealing with me.
I do it the classy way. No name-calling, no blackmailing, no threats.
Just really mean.
That explains why many relationship managers have to step in to solve my issue.
I never hear from the same person twice.
It just goes up the rank.

I get what I want, each time.

NO! I'm not going to blog about how I wriggle my way through to achieve my objective, least you learn from my bad example.

Don't be a bitch like me.
There's karma, you know.
You will get a taste of your own medicine when you open an online store many years later.


Googles images


My very first handphone from Panasonic, GD-92 Grey.
Amazing battery life, lightweight, extremely loud and nice ring tones (the Japanese phone makers are really good at this!), very durable body and 4 graphic display backlights for you to choose from!
I chose Pink by the way! So pretty!
I can't remember if it was a S$0 phone.
But I'm sure it's very cheap then or I wouldn't been able to afford as an undergrad.

You know what they say about first love being the most unforgettable?
I love this phone to death! Even now!
I only find the antenna too long for my liking.
Make it hard to put the phone in the pockets sometimes without it protruding out.
 The ring tone I chose was so memorable (and loud) that 12 years later, I can still hum it out.
So does a guy friend of mine. He finds it extremely annoying. 

I love Panasonic phones. Too bad they couldn't survive the competition then.

And somehow, this phone got stolen when I left it at a restroom.

@#%$#^*!
 It was a very old phone by then, yet it got stolen within 5 minutes.


Google images

This is my 2nd phone. My first flip-phone.
Not exactly in this design.
But it was a Samsung mobile phone in a clamshell design and a glossy lipstick red colour.
More squarish and there's no camera too.
I was passionately in love!
Even bought a 'LV' mobile phone charm from Seoul to glam it up.
I like how the red matches my nail colour for work.
Felt so glamourous talking with my 'love' then.


I love flip-phones!! Why did they die out??

They're so much more chic than the current Iphone clones!
If only Iphones also come in flip-phone style.
I much prefer that!

After this glamourous babe got stolen (I forgot where I misplaced it, again), I swear by S$0 phones.
And that means a couple of forgettable LG phones, just as durable to use, but I prefer Samsung and definitely Panasonic.
They, erm, also got left behind by careless me and by the time I'm back, they're gone.
S$0 phones??? Still got stolen???
Can't believe it. They're worth peanuts!


Google images

My current phone. A S$0 phone and my first white phone.
At 2 megapixels, it's the best ever camera I have.
Lightweight and really hardy!
I've sent it to Nokia for repair once when the navigation button went bonkers during its warranty period.
Till now, it's still going strong!

Though last week, I discovered the phone battery has a protruding 'tummy' and thus, causes a crack in the back housing.
Well, at least I had this phone for the longest without losing it!
I'm getting much better at keeping my phone that I'm pretty convinced I can now spend a bit on better phones!

Iphone 4S!

Took a look at the plans from the various telcos, and now I wonder if I should switch to M1.

http://iphone.starhub.com/ , as of 27/10/11

My usual plan is the one with 300 outgoing mins and I'm keen in Iphone 4S 16GB


http://m1.com.sg/iPhone/ , as of 27/10/11

But if I switch to M1, I can only get my hands on Iphone in April when my contract expires. 

Things to ponder about.
That said, I'm going to stay far away from the telco shops, come the weekends.
Can't imagine the crowd at malls that have all 3 telcos retail shops.




Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...