23 September 2011

No, no horror shows

 If you have been checking back everyday, you might just think I must be very free to blog 3 days in a row.

I foresee I won't have blogging time, come next week.

Nah, I'm blogging after all the emails are done. 
That explains how 'early' my blog posts are published. *wink*

Usually, after I'm done with TFL work, I spend time checking out other blogs/sites for leisure, knowledge and inspiration.
That takes up quite a bit of time, unknowingly.
So I thought, hey, why don't I spend the time to create material for my own blog instead?

我也可以創造自己的天空!!!

Hahaha!
Think I picked that up from some idol drama I watched previously.

Oh, by the way, a reader asked on my Formspring for my review on Salon Vim, because of my previous entry.




For those who are keen, read more over HERE!


Been seeing a number of Nuffnang ads running on my blog recently.
I'm very kiasu, and you can see I have 3 spaces on my blog, dedicated to Nuffnang ads. 
#gianpengSingaporean
They're quite fun to look at, with all the moving graphics on my plain Jane blog.
#lame
Plus, they allow me to catch up with the latest stuff that marketers from big companies are rolling out.
#evenmorelame

Alright, alright, let's move on to why the late-night decision to blog today!





Do you see it yet?
The Nuffnang ad on the right?
I grabbed that screen shot when the ad was at its most serene moment. 
Some might interpret it as THAT moment just before the movie scares the hell out of you.

I don't like horror shows. 
Man, my heart stopped for a moment when I loaded my blog and saw the ad.
I thought it would never beat again.

Ever since I can buy my own movie ticket, I have never watched The Ring, Dark Waters or any Western/Asian horror show, no matter how mild it is.
I can't fathom the idea of scaring myself out so much that I don't even dare to go to the toilet or be on my own at night, anywhere.

The Husband shares the same sentiments as me. 

Once when I was trying to send photos from his Iphone to my email, I saw a video picture of this pretty, sweet-faced, Thai-looking gal.
The photo was taken in an office environment. 
I thought it might be his colleague.
It was 530am.
I went to woke him up & demanded to know who the gal was and why her video clip was in his phone.
He replied, dazed, saying he had no idea and that it was downloaded/sent to him via some app accidentally.
I clicked on the video.
The girl said hi in such a saccharine tone and with such sweet-faced innocence that I was ready to pick a quarrel with the Husband.
Who cares that it was in the middle of the night and he needed to wake up early later?
 
Then, at that spilt second, the graphics morphed into a Ailen Predator kind of monster, charging forward, complete with a ferocious roar and knife-sharp teeth.
We freaked out.
I threw the phone on the bed with the Husband shouting, "DELETE! DELETE!"

It was a 5 second clip.

I think it's evil that people do something like that to Iphone users.
Really.
There's karma, boys.
I assume it's boys who are most likely to possess the computer animation ability.

I had to be the one to do the deleting. 
Because the Husband is a complete timid mouse when it comes to anything horror.
You know, the kind of person that holds a big fat cushion and covers his whole face, when a horrow show is playing.
And will scream & break off all ties with you if you even dare playfully tug at his cushion shield.

I hope the ad go away soon.
Like now.
I wonder if Nuffnang has an option to choose the genre of movie ads I prefer.
Can't believe I have to hold my breath when my blog loads.


I much rather look at the Olay ad with 4 beaming bloggers.



Even looking at the dental ad showing teeth mould is so much more therapeutic.




Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...