25 September 2011

媽媽真厲害!

 I remembered watching Ms Jamie Teo on national TV, when she participated in Miss Singapore 2001.
The question she got during the Q&A session was something like,

"What do you think it's the greatest challenge to modern women?"

Jamie's answer was, if I remembered correctly,

"Being a married woman who have to balance the difficulties of managing her family & the challenges of having her own career."

Pardon me that I couldn't remember word for word. 
But that is the essence of her answer.

My reaction at that time was...duh? -___-
Thought it should be a more epic answer.
I just joined the working world then.

Now I totally take that back. 

Ever since we moved into our own home 3 years ago and started TFL, it finally dawned on me the realism of Jamie's answer.
And my inadequacy in performing well enough in my mutliple roles.

I am very impressed by my mum-in-law. 
How she managed to take care of her family (4 of them) and supported her husband in whatever he did.
After I become a wife, I fully realise how noble my mum and my mum-in-law are and how difficult it is to stay on the path.
無怨無悔不是那麽容易。

And to be good at it, that's even more impossible.

I count myself lucky that I have been surrounded by very inspiring & dedicated women all my life.
My mum, my aunt, my godmum, my grandaunts, my grandma and my mum-in-law.
姜真的是老的辣!
 Sometimes when I am down, I count on my memories of them to pull me through. 
Cannot fall, cannot fall, must be strong to hold up everything.
要堅強才能一直撐起整個家。

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mum-in-law started working as a pre-school teaching assistant about a few months ago.
She loves the job a lot. 
I remember her calling me and sharing with me her new job & work environment with joy.
She has not worked for a quite a long time. 
We are all really happy for her that everything is going well.

She even received Teachers' Day presents from the kids, which really brought her lots of smiles. 



Mum-in-law built this 'MRT train' at home, all by herself, with pieces of styrofoam and coloured paper. 
It was to teach the kids the various modes of transport in Singapore.
Mum even wrapped the props with plastic, so that they will be more durable.
I love the train's headlights! So cute! Hahaha!

She even added in the driver's console and stuck the yellow tape on the floor, just like the real platform!
Bet you didn't see the emergency alarm button, 'reserved for people with special needs' sticker and the MRT lines map located above the seats!

I am so impressed!
She might be a part-timer but look at her dedication and effort!

The Husband says Mum is now 'building' a ship at home.
Knowing my mum-in-law, I'm certain she will excel. =)



Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...