07 May 2011

Coming up at Tian Fen Lan!

Bags are not like clothes, whereby you can don it on in a fitting room and make a decision to get it or not.

After selling bags for a couple of years and getting more & more customers' forthcoming feedback, I realised the thought process behind buying a bag, especially online, is actually much lengthier.

Even more so if you are me, the one conjuring designs to sustain this bag shop's livelihood.

It takes at least 1-2 hours for me to examine each bag sample, pick at its flaws - front, back, left, right, top, bottom, inside, hand-carry/sling/shoulder-carry the bag & walk around the house, poured through the rainbow colour charts & then cracked my head over the 200 colours in the lining chart.

Knowing that my choices can make or break (& end up with piling stocks at home) a potential bestseller doesn't allow me room for quick decisions.

Decisions...

and more decisions...

During January, an avalanche of bag & shoe samples arrived for my scrutiny. But as Chinese New Year was much earlier this year, January was a crazy month, shuttling between emails, parcel packing & posting. Thank goodness I don't have to handle photoshoots.

So I foolishly set the samples aside, thinking I can handle them later.

Orders, especially those that require next day courier delivery, were pouring in, as CNY inched closer. My supplier was diligently checking back with me, to see if I want to submit my orders before the factories closed for CNY.

I never made it.

And that, ladies & gentlemen, explains the 2-month (& counting) wait for TFL's launches of manufactured products after CNY.

Sigh.

On a happier note, many of the designs that you see here have slightly modified features for TFL's version (not seen in the photos) & already been approved for manufacturing. Shipment, if I'm lucky, should be reaching in mid-May to June. The factories are not quite reliable in shipment arrival sometimes. Thank goodness I always place backorders way ahead, instead of doing it after I close the BO on TFL's site. I'm still waiting for an order that I placed in 1st week, March.

I sure hope everything arrive soon!


Credits: katespade.com
Coming in Black, Mustard, Dusty Orange & Nude, & with sling strap
So many pockets of all sizes, I like! Hide & seek! Now I just need to remember what is where and where is what.
Credits: Net-a-porter.com
Coming in Dusty Olive, Light Peach, Light Yellow & Chestnut Oak
Fits A4.
Bohemian, elegant chic, smart casual or rock chick, this big-sized hobo will have no problem going with your style.
This kind of so-big-that-I-can-put-my-puppy-in bag is one of my most favourite styles.
Slightly slouchy, they just look so effortlessly stylish.
Put on any plain outfit, bring on the bag and viola, you've got style sense!
I refuse to let the Husband to carry my bag because I always tell him that my bag is my accessory - without it, my outfit is not complete!
And see the way the front belt buckle is! How not to loveeee?!

Credits: Bebe.com
Coming in Black, Chocolate & Nude
Fits A4.
TFL's version does not have the inter-woven faux leather, just metal chain.
Cool enough for school. And if you want to look a bit edgy without dressing that way, 
this tote has just that right feel!

2 inches (easy to wear!) kitten heels, to be slightly more pointy than photo, coming in Black, Nude Pink & Mustard
The colour seen in this photo is not in the line-up. The back bow ribbon is so charming!
Very sweet & gorgeous in real life! <3


Coming in Black, Nude, Cobalt Blue & Dark Lilac
Without the wavy sides & no colour block for TFL's version. Fits A4.
I used the sample for about a month, stuffed it with at least 2kg contents and it's really durable!

 Coming in Nude Pink, Moss Green, Lilac Grey & Dirty Pink
Inspiration - the Naraya bags from Thailand. I like the big ribbons on their bags very very much!
This is a photo of the sample that I have been using for a week, to test its durability.
Looks petite but it can fit A4. Surprise!


For all the samples coming in, I make it a point to use the bag for a while, at least 2-3 times and stuff it with contents (my books especially), so that I am more able to judge the possible flaws & beef up the areas of improvement.

The only problem is that sometimes my outfit does not match the colour of the bag at all, like in the above photo, but no choice, just have to be thick-skinned and carry it out. If others look at me, feeling that my styling is a bit off, I just have to be too self-obsessed to notice it. Haha!

There are actually more designs but I have no photos to flaunt them here. I hope you like what you have seen so far & if you have any queries or suggestions, you can email me at TFL's email! =DD



Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...