05 March 2012

A trip to Ikea

After every annual feng shui audit of my home, there will be some minor changes to the house's colour scheme, which I'm most happy about. A change in the colour of bedsheets, curtains, seat cushions etc. is always very refreshing and welcoming for the new year.

No matter how hard I try, I'm very bad at coordinating colours for the house according to the Husband. There goes my Martha Stewart dream. It's a god-sent honestly that Master Dai Hu is very good at colour-coordinating. Because the Husband isn't any better than me. Haha!

In any case, a trip to Ikea is always fun to me! I only get to go out on weekends! No parcel packing/mailing!




I was staring at this set of bedsheets for some time with a deja vu feeling, but I couldn't put a finger to it. Then, it struck me. The spreadsheets that my stock lists are keyed in! I see these grids everyday! Excitedly told the Husband but he couldn't understand what my glee was about. Sigh. We have an 'industry gap'.




I love the Raspberry Pink cushions! So cheery! But I was looking for green or blue seat cushions. Got to 割愛.

Shopping at Ikea always have to end with having Ikea food. I love their food! The thing is their restaurant is always very crowded on weekends. So we usually get our food at the takeout counter. 




The queues are just as long, but it sure beats stuck in a noisy restaurant with kids around. I had not been to Ikea for very long and we were thrilled that the takeaway menu now includes the famous Ikea chicken wings! 好久沒吃了!There's meatballs too! The Husband is convinced that it won't be long before the cakes & tarts make their appearance at the takeout counter too. I love their cakes & tarts!




Snapped this while the Husband was queuing. It was his first time wearing this lime green FBT T-shirt and he was mad happy with it. He has a thing for green tops and this T-shirt was very comfortable on him. I think it's also because it only cost S$16.90 (if I remember correctly). Same colour as my green seat cushions. He kept going on and on about how he was returning to NTUC @ Nex to buy another piece. 哎喲,很長氣耶。




The last time I was there, I don't remember Ikea serves Coke. It has always been Pepsi in my memory. Was slightly grouchy when I thought I had to drink Pepsi. So thrilled Ikea is now serving Coca-Cola!! Happiness!




There were tons of people at the bar tables, chomping on their takeaway. We were lucky to find an empty sofa at the delivery arrangement area. It was a red sofa. I preferred their previous wooden benches.

I was holding my cup of Coke (no ice!) very precariously, because I had zealously filled it to the brim. Haha!

Found another photo in the Husband's Iphone. Most of us probably know how the nerves in our feet are linked to the health of our organs. But did you know our palms are too?




I started pressing certain areas on my palm after seeing this picture and oh my goodness, my palms are so sore! Someone I know has a heart problem and the fleshy part of her palm is always slightly blackish, especially when she lacks sleep. Now I know why! TCM is so cool!




Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...