29 March 2012

Back in Singapore!

I'm so so so so so HAPPY that I made it to Grandmaster's puja in Jakarta! It is one of those once-in-a-lifetime experiences and no-matter-what-must-make-it kind! As with all good things in life, there's always some struggles and setbacks before we made it to Jakarta! I'm glad we all pulled through!



 
Jonas pants from PolkaDotPigs. An upcoming bag on Tian Fen Lan! Next next collection in 4 colours! I have a penchant for yellow/mustard bags! Even if they outright-ly clash with my outfits. Don't care! Still love! I mean, can't be yellow match with yellow/creams/browns only right? Sounds boring. Mad love the suede fringe and bucket effect at the opening! I think this colour will goes well with dainty frocks too. It's like adding a bad-ass bag to a pretty outfit!

Sometimes customers will email me saying that TFL bags are all too nice and wish I didn't bring in so many colours for them to choose. They say it's always a headache choosing a colour to buy. I know how that feels. For my case, apart from a black bag for down days, I like my bags colourful, no matter what outfit I'm wearing!  In fact, TFL is one of the very few bag blogshops that offer such huge variety of colours!

Hmm, looking at the photo above, I think I stand better for photos when I wear heels. But my 2-inch heels have a been a pain for my legs! So I wore my G2000 oxfords whose shoelaces are now officially missing. No idea where they went!




On hindsight, I think I should have tucked in my blouse. But I was just feeling too tired from all the parcel packing after my luggage unpacking. #nonstoppackingunpacking. Almost wore the outfit without the satin blazer actually. I was prepared to look unkempt till I remembered Mum asked her friends along. And knowing how my Mum always has a thing for looking polished. =___=

Wore this outfit to my mum's steamboat birthday dinner yesterday night. Had wanted to bring her to Ikoi at Miramar. In fact, I had wanted to do so for the last 2 years, but everytime something will crop up. This time, Mum said she had ulcers and wanted something soupy. So it was off to Rangoon Road Fish-head steamboat...again. 




Guess where am I seated? *grins*

Mum invited 2 of her long-time friends and their husbands. When I say long-time, I really mean long-time! One of them was Mum's primary school friend and the other was the elder sister of that friend. They knew one another since Mum was 8! That's like 50 years of friendship! 

Guess what kept them together for so long? Mahjong. Hahaha!

Rangoon Road's Whampoa Fish-head steamboat is really yummy by the way! I love their broth! With so many of us yesterday, I didn't get to eat as much fish and vegetables as I would like. No big deal, as long as Mum is happy! 

Reminded her not to eat those herbal jelly made from powdered turtle shells after the steamboat. I really think some delicacies can be done without.

Only thing about such gatherings with Mum's friends is I get a lot of unwelcome questions & comments thrown my way. 

What are you working as now?
Selling bags? Branded bags? No?
But you studied so much and are still so young, why don't you work for a big company?
You can get CPF and won't have to slough so hard physically to earn that amount of money!
Auntie has 2 grandsons, so when it's your turn to make your mum a granny?
I tell you, it's very important to have CPF in your a/c.
 You looked like Gigi Leung when you were younger and had short hair!
Actually you also look like Daniel Chan! The mouth part!


Right after the last comment, the Husband commented I resembled Michelle Chong too. Then the auntie said, "No no no no! Michelle Chong is not as pretty! More like Daniel Chan!"

*takes a deep breath to calm down*

Maybe my outfit is too androgynous. @$^#%*

Nah, it's not like I'm offended or miffed. Just, well, you know...

It's a tad tiring to prove to others why online retail is just as feasible a occupation too. Next time I will just say I'm a housewife and that I'm an expert in scrubbing toilet bowls and keeping my toilet clean with perfect white grout. Try beating that. 

After dinner, we drove my mum back and amidst the usual squabbles between my mum and I, Mum said her heart didn't seem to be working well recently. We walked over to Tiong Bahru Plaza, wanting to get Really Raw Honey (it works very well for hearts with no strength)  from Guardian, but that branch was too small for a botttle of this really good and premium honey. Gonna try buying it later at Compass Point.

I gave my parents a 护牌 each that I bought from the puja at Jakarta. The 护牌 have been blessed by my Grandmaster. 坐飞机回来的! I lug almost 2 kg of new purchases back!

It's a strange and yet heartwarming feeling of deja-vu being the giver of such accessories with divine protection, because when I was young, it was my dad who would give us, the children, such stuff, telling us the benefits of wearing them and reminding us to wear them no matter what. Now it's my turn. And the reason for giving? No less than the love my dad has for us.




That's Domino's Pizza takeaway at Blk 111, Jalan Bukit Merah! Near my parents' home!

To save some waiting time, we called to place an order through the delivery hotline before driving over. #sosmart
Best discovery of this week is finding out that Domino's Pizza in Singapore is just as great as back in LA, albeit with a slightly thicker crust! And you know what! A personal pan pizza with a can of Coke/Sprite is only S$7.80! 

I love Spizza for its thin crust! But Domino's has the usual Hawaiian range, less expensive and like what they claimed, you can really taste the freshness in their ingredients! Both beats Pizza Hut ANYTIME!!!


Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...