30 March 2012

Crunch it! Crunch, crunch, crunch!

If you're following my Twitter, you might have seen this:




A little background information about Amanda Russell, extracted from www.amanda-russell.com :

After moving to the United States from Canada on a running scholarship, Amanda Russell was closing in on the Beijing Olympics for the 10,000m when she suffered a career-ending leg injury. Told by doctors she’d never run again, she was determined to recover and continue pursuing her passion for fitness. After two years of intense rehabilitation, she was winning triathlons. 

Putting her unique running background and extraordinary passion for health and fitness to work, Amanda created The AR Program. A holistic mind and body system, the proprietary program focuses on intense dynamic workouts combined with a healthy diet and has been praised for its ability to achieve a lean and fit runner’s body without running.

Alongside her work teaching and inspiring others to conquer their health and fitness goals via The AR Program, Amanda has partnered with award-winning Makers Studios to create Amanda Russell TV, a popular YouTube fitness and lifestyle channel that brings the gym to you, for free. Amanda showcases a fun, new, calorie-torching workout every week while helping motivate viewers to look and feel their best with insider diet tips and tricks. She also hosts an interactive website (www.amanda-russell.com), where viewers can find everything from latest tips and trends in health and fitness to personalized fitness programs based on one’s unique needs.

Amanda was recently selected by Google as one of“YouTube's Next Trainers,” a title awarded to only 16 contestants around the world, and is the successor to supermodel Molly Simms as the spokesperson for ZICO Coconut Water. She is creating her first private label fitness clothing line (Amanda Russell for Zweet Sport) and has partnered with EverdayHealth.com as one of their in-house fitness experts.


And this is THE 6mins Abs of Steel workout that got me bowled over:





My goodness! When I first watched this video, my jaw dropped literally at the kind of ab exercise Amanda can do. She makes it look so effortless & beautiful! Gaah, when I started doing them, I was panting like a dog!

If Amanda looks that slim and toned in videos, she must be even more gorgeous in person.

I used to do a lot of crunches to maintain my waistline, but have been slacking off for very long. Had gained like 6 kg since my uni days! Though most people tell me I look slim, they don't see all the fats bulging underneath!

This exercise video really works, gals! I'm trying to do it every other day, with the Husband's Ipad playing the video! 

Because of the long amount of time I spent sitting down battling the emails, I feel my body shape has gradually changed. My hips has gotten bigger and I really don't like how I look in maxis and some pants. When I wear cropped jackets with skinnies, I look weird with a capital W. No point asking the Husband for pointers, because everything he says can be so unconstructive. Long gone are the days when I look good in ANYTHING! =(



Here's another video that I felt it works for my body!

It's very thoughtful of Amanda to include the pared-down modified versions for almost all of the exercises, so that more people can do regardless of fitness levels. I definitely can't do all the 'siong-like-mad' versions at one go. 

I have never watched other fitness gurus' videos as right now, I'm pretty happy with what Amanda is teaching. Her videos are so professionally done and I can tell she puts in a lot of effort in pumping in useful content, easy chic exercise wear and what a beautiful home she has! Not only did she inspire me to have a better body, I want my next home to look like her New York apartment too! Manhattan style with luxurious furniture! (Go TFL go!)




A screen shot taken from one of her videos. Awesome equipment Makers Studio has for her videos! I wonder if ever any Singaporean will make such useful videos! In the meantime, it's great that we have Michelle Phan for makeup tutorials & Amanda Russell for workouts videos!

When her Youtube subscribers cross the 25,000 mark, Amanda promises that she will make full length videos of her workout! Can't wait! That will be much easier & more motivating to follow!

And if you gals are looking for a video to fit into that summer beachwear, here's one that looks real 'siong' but I'm sure will reward you with a fabulous body!




Watching her videos can be so uplifting on my down days too! She exudes such positivity and confidence, which I think come with having good health and a fabulous body! Let's work towards that, babes!


Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...