15 January 2012

Pre-CNY delivery

 Since Dec, my weekends have been very hectic and filled to the brim with activities.
Mainly TFL-related.
Festive shopping means festive working.
Receiving new stock arrivals, stock packing, preparing Monday's parcels, and pulling all-nighters to do up photos for next launch.
Pretty much burned weekend. 
Looking forward to the CNY week break.

Though I have mastered several soups ever since I have my own place, my parents have never tried my cooking before.
Only my mum who had a taste of my Lotus Root soup and tomato fried rice.
She said it's such a huge blessing that she's going to buy 4D.
Mum is ever so good at sarcasm.




The Husband spent 3 hours cleaning our fridge.
He took out every single tray to wash.
Looks like new, doesn't it?
It was disgusting-ly full.
He cleared 3 bags of expired food and rubbish.
 I know, I'm a lousy housewife.
It's all TFL's fault. *point finger*

Discovered the fridge was not its usual form 2 weeks ago. 
We thought putting it through deep cleansing & exfoliation will whip the fridge back to shape.
The Husband even scrubbed the dust off the wiring getup at the back of the fridge.
But alas, it's still not cold.
Think we need to get someone in. =(
Told my mum about this and she said she had never had her fridge of 11 years broken down before.
What did I do wrong??

Found time to cook ABC soup for yesterday's dinner.
Brought some to 娘家 after I was done with TFL work.
Reached about 10pm, with only 10% battery left.
But nothing beats seeing my 娘家. 



Fried rice from the neighbourhood coffee shop.
It's so easy to find good food at old residential areas like Tiong Bahru.
Even at unearthly hours like 3am.
When I was living at Woodlands, finding nice food especially late at night is like mission impossible!





The amount of CNY goodies we delivered to my family.
花菇﹑發菜﹑魚漂﹑魚膠﹑ 白木耳﹑干貝﹑無酒臘腸 and dried mussels.
Lovely springrolls with pork floss, love letters from Bengawan Solo (the nicest I ever have!) and a carton of mandarin oranges the Husband hand-picked at NTUC.
 
Plus a bottle of home-made pineapple rolls.
 My mother-in-law used to make them every year but having a full-time job now means I gonna order them elsewhere.
Got them from Auntie Susan after reading Peggy's blog.
I ordered 9 bottles last week, but her Premium Pineapple Rolls are sold out.
Have to settle for the Crispy Pineapple Rolls at S$18 per bottle.
Topped up S$10 for delivery.
I haven't tried them yet, but I'm sure homemade versions are always better than the factory ones!
Plus, the fillings are from fresh pineapples!
That's not easy, you know!



裕發海味補品行 Joo Huat Trading
349 Rochor Road #B1-23, #B1-31
Fu Lu Shou Complex
Singapore 188425
Tel: 63383118, 63383575


Forget about 正中平 (ZTP) or 福華 (Hock Hwa)!
I say this might be even better than Eu Yan Sheng.
Babes, this is the best place to buy all your CNY goodies!
For yourself, your parents, grandparents or (potential) in-laws!
Better priced & super value for money!
They have very fresh and reasonably priced 海味 + yummy nuts like cashew nuts, pistachios, macadamia + Chinese herbs + Chinese sausages + super delicious mini spring rolls with pork floss!

Pre-CNY, their red dates come in jumbo size, almost the height of my thumb!
Super sweet and makes the seed extraction a breeze.
You must buy their dried longans too!
That plus the red dates, you will have a potent Longan + Red Date tea for Lunar New Year!
Best in your neighbourhood! Hahaha!

You know it's really good when there are always tons of aunties there!
Especially over the weekends.
The Husband drove down to buy the goodies after work and had to scramble for the shopkeepers' attention because the aunties behind will always be cutting his queue.
I wasn't there, but I can imagine how squashed the Husband was.
Hahaha!
A taste of how difficult it is to be a housewife, dear!

I've been buying there for at least 5 years and every year, my family and in-laws will tell me how fresh their products are.
Score points!

Though their packaging are not as fancy as others, I think it's more important that the food items are really great.
You might be able to bluff with beautiful packaging, but it's the food quality that will impress the elders.

The variety of CNY goodies the Husband buys for my family is the same as what I buy for my in-laws yearly.
I've been doing that ever since we got together.
Mum always says as a daughter-in-law, buying gifts for the Husband's parents is a must.
The in-laws have 3 kids, with the Husband being the eldest.
So you can imagine the amount of CNY goodies they receive every year from the other halves of their children.
It's really A LOT!
Can fill the whole long dining table for 8!



The I-find-it-tasteless-yet-every-year-I-still-buy abalone.
For the families.
Can't believe Joo Huat sells it at S$34, when Cold Storage was peddling it at S$42.80 during a 3-day discount promotion.

So much indulgent feasting going to happen.
I must teach Mum proper on how to chant 往生咒.
Did I mention before that she finally took refuge, aka officially become a Buddhist, last Nov?
I was over the moon! =)




 Happy that Mum likes her pre-CNY bag. =)
She always have a penchant for nude/white coloured bags.




Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...