17 January 2012

Bummer & Supper

 So. I didn't get to launch in this very crucial week just before CNY.
Sigh.
To think I was so proud of myself for pushing out launch after launch every week from Dec till now.
It's not a simple feat, because just when I'm done with posting all the parcels for the current launch, I'm back to the laptop to edit new photos.
That means no time for everything else.
E.g. boiling fresh water.
Sometimes I even forget to charge my mobile phone, till I need it to access Internet Banking services.
The Husband & I are water guzzlers.
When I'm so busy with work (which is all the time), nothing gets done around the house.
No fresh laundry, no changing of bedsheets, no sweeping of the floor, no ironing.
My house comes to a standstill.
But all these are small problems, compared to totally empty water jugs.
Not even a drop of water in the thermos.
That will get me scrambling up to do some housechores in Speedy Gonzales' timing.

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that things screwed up at the last photoshoot, leaving me and the piggies with nothing to launch.
Never been caught so offguard before.
Talk about a first for everything.
Last year this time, I was so busy with TFL work that I didn't have time to buy any CNY clothing, save for a cheongsam I got in July.
This year?
Well, I've just spent S$102 at Love Bonito and another S$60 at Catwalkclose.
Since no new launch means less business, then I shalt give some business to others.
Hahaha!

2 Saturdays ago, the Husband was helping me to pack the new stock arrivals.
We sorted and arranged everything from 1030pm to 4am.
Triggered my old back injury.
He broke a nail real bad (cuts into nail bed) and got all whiny about it.
Said he never saw me so gungho and manly before.
I mean, how to be soft and gentle when moving big cartons that are half my height???
Nothing gets done!
I don't even bother keeping my nails long!

When done, the Husband was like, "Gawwwwd, why are there so many bags in my house??"
I even told him, "Don't worry, more than half will be gone before CNY. The rest are for after CNY launch. Not that bad right?"
-____-

At least some time to rest my tired body.
*self-consolation mode* 



Taken at the lobby of Amara Hotel.
If I have a big house, I would love to have this in my living room during CNY.




Hawker food fare at the Lobby Cafe, Amara Hotel
Prices are like S$15 for 1 plate of fried prawn noodles or cod fish bee hoon in soup.
Almost half the price than Conrad's Oscars & Carlton's Mosaic Cafe.
All 24-hour hotel cafes alike.
Ambience is not as great.
But at least it's quiet.
Late-night drives, quiet suppers.
That's all I need after a day of heavy work.



Beautiful Peranakan crockery are a sight to behold.
Wish I can buy the ba kua-shaped plate and that big noodle bowl.
It's melamine but so vibrant & cheery!
They allowed yellow noodles to be mixed with the bee hoon soup.
Love hotels for their flexibility in customer service.
Psst, check out the big chunks of cod fish!

I like their Yong Tau Foo noodle soup too, but they stop selling that after 1030pm.
Why, Amara? =(

That day, at Hougang Mall's Soup Restaurant, I was buying dinner takeaway.
Someone at home was having real bad toothache & fever and I asked the young waitress if the kitchen can shred the Samsui Chicken.
Guess what the waitress, Ms Yang said?
She said the kitchen doesn't do that and the chicken is already pre-prepared.
And she added: "你回家自己拿刀子切咯。"

我也懂,還用你教嗎?

There were only 3 tables occupied in the whole restaurant.
No time to shred the chicken? Can't be.

The point of buying takeaway was to save time & effort at home.
If not, why would I buy tomato egg from Soup Restaurant when it's a quick & easy-to-cook dish?
And obviously, I'm trying to save time too by requesting for shredded chicken.
Who cares about what presentation in a plastic box?

If it's the old me, I would have said something real mean.
I used to be very good at being sarcastic with a smile.
學佛后,才比較懂得收斂。

But my face still darkened instantly at her last sentence.
She probably sensed it because right after that, Ms Yang was especially polite than usual.
(I buy takeaway from that branch a few times a week.)
Offering me a seat after ordering (1st time ever) and greeting me with a lot of warmth, even welcoming me to be back again.
Sorry, niceties don't work on me when you are being thoughtless.

You should learn some manners from Madam Lee, a bespectacled lady in her fifties working at Compass Point's Soup Restaurant.
Polite, patient and gives service with warmth.




Some yummy cookies with hot Milo to 消消氣 .
My favourite is the rectangular cookie.
There's oatmeal in it!
 Wish they sell in smaller quantites, like 50g.
100g is a bit too much for me.




Another beautiful plate, just because I ordered cookies! =)
Peranakan stuff are so enchanting.




Watermelon, papaya, rockmelon, mango, 2 strawberries and a dash of blueberries.
Portion is good for 2.
Or for one, if that's all you are having.
For S$11 at a hotel cafe with pretty crockery, great for chasing away the stress.
Would have been prefect if served on a large beautiful Peranakan plate, don't you think so?




Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...