18 January 2012

My Cinderella Pumpkin

 A guy friend of mine does not have a driving license.
He has no intention of getting one.
He does not read car magazines.
Neither is he into F1.

That does not explain why everytime we spot a sportscar in some carpark, he must stop & marvel at it.
He has zero knowledge of cars and their mechanics.
It got quite sickening for me, because that means we have to stand and try to follow his Ooohs and Aaaahs for about 10 minutes, before he will reluctantly hop onto our car.
All the while still waxing lyricals about sportcars.
And if I disagree with him about the cars, he will say I'm a frog in a well.
#$%&*@!

I really don't understand this.
Are sportcars or expensive cars appealing to you?
Apart from the status thing?
I've gotten rides on expensive cars.
Yes, they are very well-made (aka petrol guzzlers) and vastly different from the usual Toyotas, Hyundais and all.
In a league of their own totally.

But the thing I dislike about most sedans and sportscars is getting out of the car, when I'm in a skirt.
Very short skirts.
Or very long dresses, for that matter.
I can't get out of the car in the most elegant fashion.
I mean, sure I can pretend to be some gracious mermaid, swishing out.
But that is so not me.

Some of the cars are built so low that it's very uncomfortable sitting in them.
Yes, I know it's for speed and all.
But I don't fancy cramping myself in such tiny space.

Thankfully the Husband has zero love for cars.
He sees it as a tool for getting from point A to point B.
Period.

Since that's the case, maybe for his next car, I can coax him to get this.


Source: Google images

Barbie's Jeep, anyone?



Source: Google images

Source: Google images

The Husband can't fathom my fascination with Jeep Wranglers.
He found it very rugged and manly.
Says it isn't a girl's car.
*Groan* Men and their stereotypes.
This is like the girls-should-have-long-hair mindset some guys have.

It's going to be a breeze getting out from the car, since it's like stepping down from Cinderella's Pumpkin!
Easier to step down from a higher-rise car than pull yourself up and out from a low-rise sportscar, right?
Notice why Fairy Godmother didn't give Cinderella a low-rise Pumpkin Carriage?
It's just not so elegant!

I have been in love with Jeep Wranglers since I was 21.
Especially those with a spade behind and oooh at those humongous wheels!
Mad cute!
But must have doors lah.
I don't want to be eating sand when in the moving car.


Source: Google images

I don't mind settling for Suzuki Jimny too.
Cos the Husband says Jeeps are quite costly.
Have been seeing them often on the road nowadays.
Must be a sign.
I wish there's one in my estate's carpark.
Then everyday, I can go ogle at it.



Source: Google images

If I have a child, this will be his/her toy car.
Even if I have to ship it in from USA.
No silly Barbie dolls for my girl.
Mummy drives big Wrangler, Baby drives baby Wrangler.
Woohoo!





Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...