04 August 2011

Post-launch ramblings

 Time now is 0120am, as I begin.

Started work on the launch on Tues afternoon.
Think my laptop needs defragmentation soon.
It is getting very slow in opening up big picture files. 
I run 3 artwork programmes at the same time, to do up one launch.
Maybe that's why?

Trying to sleep before 1am everyday, but I have been failing for the past...6 months?
So it was work, work , work and even till 3pm on Wed, I was still churning out artwork.
Sounds like I'm whining but I'm not!
The more I work on the pics, the more I love the bags brought in for Series 49!!
美美,美美!!!



I was so excited to launch it quickly that I was literally sitting at the edge of my seat, clicking away.
Had to keep moving back (back hurts), and then in a few minutes, I will find myself at the seat edge again.
Haha!
That said, I can't wait for the website to be up.
Imagine no more format-converting and resizing pics and squashing them into presentable rectangle boxes!
I can save tens of hours!!!

The web designer was cautioning me on potential sales fall when the .com is launched.
He says sometimes customers need time to adjust to a new interface and basically, just inertia.
>_<"
I heard similar stories from the bigger blogshops too.
But well, they are big enough to withstand.
Kudos to them too, for taking the plunge!
Hopefully, the sales fall won't be too bad, now that most blogshoppers are familiar with the shopping cart system.
I counted the number of photos I put up for every launch. 
It's almost 2-3 times that of a normal blogshop, who's not selling bags. 
o_O

There were some bag styles that I wasn't very sure of initially.
Like the Kate's clutch, in faux printed leather.
The handle reminds me of a office drawer opening.
But Jo was telling me to just try. After all, it is boring to always bring in 'safe' styles.
Looking from the orders pouring in, Kate's clutch is going to hit the bestseller list!
And honestly, the clutch really looks stylish in real life! =D

Slept from 5pm-8pm when my brain & body fizz out.
Life of a blogshop owner is really, really not as glamourous as people think.
Sometimes, I feel more like a coolie who happens to be moderately IT-savvy.

Bathed, continued on the artwork and finally sent out thousands of mailers around 11pm.

Response was quite immediate.
Gosh, is everyone 24/7 hooked onto their email a/cs?
I'm probably the last one here who's not using an Iphone or any Android phones.
Can't wait to get Iphone 5!! Should be able to, with my contract expiring in April!!
The Husband is a bit petty when I keep hoarding his phone to snap pics.
*bleah*



The model kept 4904 Calista Hobo in Caramel.
The other time, she was wondering whether to get TFL-made Millie Cross Tote or I'm Belted Up Hobo.
Happy to know that she likes TFL bags!!
That reminds me...I still haven't send her the pics...

I haven't been doing bloggers adverts as aggressively as when TFL first started.
Looking at the orders coming in, I just feel very grateful to the support from my beloved customers.
Sometimes, I feel like, try as I might, I still didn't do a top-notch job in running it well, but customers have been so supportive!
<3 <3 <3
Thank you so much! Really!
*bear hugz*

Okay, it's 2:21am...I think I finally have time to eat...dinner/supper...actually it's lunch/breakfast?
Whatever...the roast meat the Husband has been buying from the coffeeshop at Hougang Ave 4 is quite good!
 And there's a can of Coca-cola and a chocolate cake from Flor...
Aaaah....bliss...
Be back to invoicing aft nom-nom time!



Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...