07 August 2011

My grumpy air-con

I have been clocking 3 hours of sleep everyday just before this launch.
And also only 3 hours of sleep after the launch on Wednesday.
I've counted...in total, I have clocked 20 hours of sleep for past 7 days.

I look terrible.
Think my mum is going to scream at me when she sees me for dinner later.


But I'm on an all-time adrenalin high from the great results of the launch!
It was even more well-received than the previous series! =D

Okay, side-tracked.

Yesterday, after parcel posting, I walked past Home-Fix and thought of my grumpy aircon at home.
Aircons, to be more precise.
They are slowly breaking down.
Think the pipes are getting choked and I perspire like mad, in an airconditioned room.
The thermostat reads 21 degrees but the rooms feels like 30 degrees.
It started from the aircon in our home office room, then the aircon in our master bedroom began falling sick too.

MM Lee once said that he considered air-conditioning to be one of the greatest inventions in the 20th century.
And I think it's so true in sunny Singapore!

I have to on both the aircon and the fan, so that my PJs don't get drenched with my perspiration.
The Husband, being more impatient, turned down the temperature by several degrees and increased the aircon fan speed.

End up...our electricity bill shot up to almost S$200 from the usual S$100-120.

I was just nagging at him about that.
-___-

I couldn't get anyone in to do air-con servicing.
My home is too full of stock
And honestly, I really have no time to sit around and watch 2 men fiddle with the insides of my aircons.
Heck, I don't even have time to eat this whole week.

My neighbour is very conscientious.
He gets aircon servicing men to his home every 4 months.
How efficient!

I think the last time mine were 'serviced' was the time when the aircons were installed.
That makes it 3 years ago.
 Gasp.

Anyway, I was walking up and down the aisles, feeling very 'housewife' looking at all those amazing stuff they have in there and I found this!


There were 2 brands there, but I went for this as the 'Choke Clear' seems to be the perfect solution to my grumpy aircons!

I recognise 'Mr Mckenic'!
Last time while in SQ, we used its brand of air freshener spray for the cabins and the restrooms.
I guess it should be quite reliable.

I am clueless on how to use it right.
(i.e. I don't think it's my job to climb up the ladder and engage in a 'cleansing & detoxification' ritual with the aircons)
Will leave it to the Man in the House to figure out.
It costs S$28 for this twin pack from Homefix.
I hope it works.
I really don't like having strangers near my stocks. =/



Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...