25 August 2011

How do I live without you?

 我朝思暮想的相機終于上市了!
Olympus Pen EP-3!!!



And I like it in black SO MUCH!
Some new features: 
  • 3-inch touchscreen OLeD (touchscreen! OMG!);
  • faster autofocus - zooms in & locks instantaneously;
  • changeable customised side grip;
  • TruePic VI Image Processor - for improved color reproduction and faster speeds;
  • Fast Shutter Response – No more missing a shot with fast shutter response time of less than 60 milliseconds;
  • 12.3 MP Live MOS Sensor - Fine Detail Processing Technology for greater photo detail! The sensor is optimized to maximize the performance of all M. Zuiko digital lenses in all shooting conditions;
  • Full HD video at 1080 60i video recording with stereo sound;
  • improved art filters (I love them so much!)
(information partially extracted from dpreview.com)

Since this year's Jan, I've been contemplating to get a nice semi-pro.
I also want nice blog pics. =(
But I was saving up for TFL dotcom site and the slew of manufactured stuff coming in then.
Thought it would be wasteful to spend so much on a camera, when I might not even have the time to step out of the house most of the time.
You know, when it comes to doing an ecommerce site or manfacturing bags/shoes, even though it costs thousands of dollars, I don't blink an eye and I made decisions fast. 
I like it, okay, let's do it. 
But when it comes to spending on myself, I ponder and wonder like a big plop of pink candy floss.
Thoughts are all air with no action.

In between, I considered FujiFilm x100, Panasonic GF series, Canon G12 and Samsung too.
All the while lemming for EP1/2.
Now that the reviews are out, I scrutinise the photos taken by different cameras, their functions, their looks.
I still LOVE Pen 3! Olympus yay!
Almost all the international reviews I read are full of praises for this new kid on the block, rating it as their undisputed favourite of the Micro Three Fours.

The most I ever paid for anything for myself (excluding wedding stuff/house reno/my laptop - not counted, it's for work!) is...I dunno, my $600 Burberry Blue Label wallet from Fukoka?

2 weeks ago, I went to Best Denki to see if Pen 3 has been launched.
And the salesman was telling me that definitely the camera would be more than S$900.
I just learnt that It's a whooping S$1200 at Cathay Photo! 
>_<"

The Husband is just asking why I want to spend a bomb on a camera when I'm not even an almost famous blogger and I don't like taking pictures of myself. -___-
Can't I be a weekend photo hobbyist???
So rude!

It's really fun, you know, to see things through the camera's eyes. #lameexcuse
I just want pretty picssss!

Alright, while I go back to contemplate if I should spend the money, a process that will take months because it's just not me to spend money like this on myself...
here's more pics to ogle at!

EP-3 with side grip removed, Source: gizmodo.com

Source: gizmodo.com
好帥好帥的相機!!

Now for some pictures taken by the camera.
There is this new Olympus wide-angle prime lens with fast aperture - M.Zuiko 12mm F2 lens that is highly raved by the reviewers.
It does not come with the kit lenses (a 14-42mm and 40-150mm) but has to be separately purchased.
This 12mm lens is slightly wider and can fit more into a frame.
I wonder how much it costs because it really make street photography looks so good, coupled with the power of the new Olympus 12.3MP sensor!

All the photos taken were subjected to minimal post-processing by the photographers, only crop and contrast.

The photo information are extracted from the bloggers' blogs.

Now, let's gawk at the details and marvel at the colour differentiation of Olympus!

Click on the pics to view them in their full glory! =D

Source: robinwong.blogspot.com
1/800s, F/2, ISO200 

Source: robinwong.blogspot.com
1/250s, F/2, ISO200
Apam balik, a local Malaysian delicacy.
Close up capability of the 12mm lens, and the delicious bokeh of F2.


Source: robinwong.blogspot.com
1/400s, F/2, ISO400
To fit more into a single frame, you do need a wide angle lens.


Source: robinwong.blogspot.com
1/800s, F/2, ISO400
Another example of how fast the autofocus was, I snapped this even before the lady on the right had the chance to react. She moved away after I pointed the camera at her, but sorry, she was too late !!

Gosh, just look at how clearly the camera captures each leaf of the stacked vegetables!

Shots by another photographer in Singapore, this time.
No post-processing done at all! Photos are straight out from the camera.




Sigh...
Excuse me while I go think about throwing out the money for this new love of my life.
You will be one of the first to know if I do...maybe many many months later...



Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...