26 June 2011

Late-night hunger

 Working overnight till daybreak is quite normal, prior to a launch.
But I think this is the first time I barely get sleep for 60 hours and counting.
Oh man, scare myself while looking into the mirror just now. 
I realise not sleeping can make one feeling dehydrated constantly. 
I must have gulped down at least 4 liters of water each day for the past 3 days.

I've been having this craving for Japanese buffet at Ikoi & Bakerzin.
I like the pastas and desserts at Bakerzin, though their service staff still have some way to go.
This is what working late at night has done to me. 
Perpetually plotting my next food conquest.
Late-night hunger pangs can be so insane.
And I can only dream about food, while munching on this.


Bought this big box of Oreo cookies from Value$ at S$1.95!

I don't like the montage for this series.
I'm lousy at artwork.
When the dot com is up, I should get a freelance graphics designer to do up the artwork.
Maybe pay per montage or something.
I have a couple of names in mind.
From my Formspring, TFL's Facebook & Gmail a/cs, I have been receiving more & more customers' emails/queries on which bag colour I would recommend or suggest.
Given that I don't know the customer's age, personal style and purpose in buying a bag (school/work/nice dinners/girls' night out/put kids stuff etc), I'm flattered that they trust me to give them an unbiased opinion.
=)
Don't worry, if you are stuck between 2 or even more colours, I won't say things like "Oh, just buy both! For different occassions!"
 I don't do that myself and certainly won't incite others to.
You know, last year around this time when TFL rolled out its first & second batches of manufactured bags, it was like a raindrop going into the ocean.
Barely anyone notice. Barely anyone ask.
Barely was there a "Oh, I'm so excited to see your bag!"
Nothing.
 It felt like whether I sell imported bags or manufactured bags, no one care except myself.
Close down, also no one bother. 
I felt like a pop star who went through boot-camp training & worked hard to be famous & popular so that people would buy the records & concert tickets.
But end up, no one buy (or rather, not enough people buy).
It did felt that way, when I had my first experience of my home piling up with stocks that just can't sell.
It was horrible.

Now customers are curious to know which bag is coming when and what colour etc.
I wonder if it has anything to do with me opening up a personal blog & a Formspring a/c.
Maybe people feel more at ease to voice out their suggestions & opinions through such casual platforms. 
Or maybe after 2.5 years, customers love TFL more! =D

Nonetheless, thank you for all your comments & the from-silent-now-slowly-become-more-vocal support!
Yes, thank you even to those who are 3 or 4-time dead buyers! =D

By the way, have you ever tried the baumkuchen cakes from Juchhiem, a Japanese bakery at Takashimaya Food Hall?
Baumkuchen is the "King of German Cakes".
Yes, the founder of Juchhiem is a German.
Like Flor, Juchhiem does not use additives such as emulsifiers or baking powder.

Speaking of Flor, that day while buying the baumkuche, the Husband was holding a Flor cake box. 
The male Japanese baker (apparently very senior) inside the kitchen saw Flor's box, pointed it out to his colleague and said, "Flor! Flor!"
Haha!
Maybe the Japanese confectioners in Singapore know one another.


Let's call it S, M, L & XL.
We bought the M size to try last Sunday. It's S$14.90 for one.
Quite affordable.
The orange box the cake came in looked like a Hermes box.
It sure doesn't look or feel like a S$14.90 cake box.
We were surprised to see that the cake is sealed in a plastic wrapper before being placed in the orange box.
So hygenic, so Japanese!
Girls, can buy some for your in-laws or future in-laws if they like cakes.
Great cake that uses only fine ingredients, according to Juchheim.
Important to show the elders that you think of them too when you're out, not just their son.
Take the lead to pave the way to a good relationship with his parents, like what some of my girlfriends & I always agree about (and we're married with experience). =P

I was the last one to eat.
See what's left for me...


14 layers of baumkuchen, condensed in that small chunk. 
-____-
And it turn out to be really light & yummy!
But I didn't like the icing sugar on the external rim. 
Too much sweetness for me.
Next time, I will ask for one without.




Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...