20 June 2011

It's now or never

I saw the Nuffang ad for it at the bottom of my blog quite a few times. 
The graphics were cute. 
I wondered how such ads ended up on my blog, whose usual readership was once the same number as my shoe size in centimetres.
That was about the only attention I paid to it.

Then I read about it on Bing's blog.
I like her blog a lot. 
Of the tens of blogs I follow, she is the only blogger who wrote about it.

Suddenly, my interest piqued. 
I had wanted to take part way back in 2003.
I could write in English, Chinese or submit entries for both!
Yes, a realist I am not.
I started counting the number of days till the deadline. 
I convinced myself that my writing poweress from the composition-writing days & the took-part-only-once inter-school essay competition was just waiting to be fired up again.
Please skip the memory of my mind blanking out halfway during the competition.
The last 3 days, I went around bothering people around me to encourage me to participate. 
Never mind that they had never read a single piece of my writings. 

I just checked out the rules & regulations. 
Looked through the list of past winners. 
Some are repetitive winners in different categories. For a few years.
Saw some of their photos. 
They look...literary.
All seem much older than me. 
That means they have a larger wealth of experience to draw from for their writings. 
Hmm.
I look...like a wannabe.

Source: storyofbing.com
10 more days to 30 June 2011, 5pm. 
The Husband think I'm wacko, with a new launch coming up this week.
Think parcels, emails, parcels, emails, parcels, emails. 
I know I am. Because my parents are. 

There is no topic on my mind yet.
This competition happens every 2 years. 
人生有多少個兩年?

If I win anything, the money will be great for making more pretty bags, won't it?
Sorry, I know I should have bigger dreams.
I love challenges.





Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...