15 November 2011

Jill rolls down the hill & Soup Restaurant

 A couple of Thursdays ago, I had a Jack & Jill fall.

The downslope walkway was wet, it was raining, me not having a love for brollies and my parcel bags are all zipped and waterproof, so I happily went into the drizzling rain to hail a cab.

It was a very spectacular fall with an audience and sound effect (my futile screams).
Cars were turning out of the carpark and saw me 'in action', slipping and falling sideways on my big parcel bags.
One car driver even unwound his window and shouted across the drizzle,"ARE YOU OKAY?!"
Thank you, Mister! I was too embarrassed & forgot to thank you then!

The parcels are perfectly fine.
So are the gunny sack bags.

Me...

My battered legs


In black and white because I'm going to get giddy if I see fresh bloody wounds on my blog.
The pic was taken by the Husband an hour after my fall.
Disclaimer, those ugly pink slippers were bought by the Husband. 
I couldn't wear mine after the fall.

To think just before I went out, the Husband was texting me to be careful of slippery roads with the thunderstorms. 
He even called me to ensure I read his text.
I was like, oh what a nag!

The round wound on my foot knuckle was the worst.
Because just previously, I had injured the same area while trying to balance myself on one end of a shopping trolley at Cold Storage.
Don't ask me why I do that.
It must be due to stress.

So, a deep crater was formed at that spot and the wound is still sore half a month later.
My foot was slightly brusied & swollen to 2 times of its usual size.
I am a Big Foot! Since it's only 1 foot.
So for 2 weeks, it's one foot walk, one foot drag, one foot walk, one foot drag.
It was a torture to sweep the house and basically just about anything that requires me to stand and walk.
After 15 minutes, my wound will hurt and my foot will balloon.
There is a palm-sized blue-black on my hip.
For the first time ever, I learnt how to use those 鉄打酒!

That brings to mind how bad it must be for old people to trip and fall. 
The pain they feel must be a zillion times worse than me!
Get them Crocs or something with great friction at the soles!
I see maids and children wearing something like Crocs and walking that cursed downslope walkway in the rain perfectly fine!




 Got Frolick after posting to pamper myself.
Mango topping wasn't available that day.
I like Frolick Original with Oreo and mango bits.
Why hasn't a froyo store open at Sengkang yet?
I want to try Red Mango and Sour Sally, after hearing so much about them!

I thought the Frolick girl was suitable to be our model.
Pity her service was without smiles & warmth and she seemed a tad too eager to get back to her Blackberry once done serving me.
Her job must be boring her out for her to be so engaged with that.
Might be too haughty for my photoshoot team.
They cannot take it when the model walks in all high and mighty.
Hahaha!

Or maybe she wasn't impressed with my 落魄的樣子.
=D

And yesterday, while buying takeaway at Soup Restaurant, I saw this amazing year-end deal that the resturant is having for ALL its patrons!
Not just its shareholders!
Gosh, it's much better than those coupon deals where you sometimes act on kiasu-ism and have to pay first, before squeezing a time slot to use it.
For this, you don't have to pay first
And we all know Soup Restaurant serves decent food!


Source: http://www.souprestaurant.com.sg/promotion2.html

Go to the url above to print out the coupons! Or you can print out the ones you see in this entry!
Same!
With a minimum spending of S$30, you can present the coupon at participating branches to enjoy the great deals!
Imagine 1 free pot of soup! Soup Restaurant's soups are yummy! 
(I wish they cut down on the msg tho, I'm slightly allergic to it)

The above coupons are valid EVERYDAY, even public holidays & weekends!

Remember to see carefully which branches are eligible before sashaying in. 
Or it will be very embarrassing and you can't save $$!
And only 1 coupon per table!
So it's either free pot of soup or 50% discount off that Samsui Ginger Chicken!

No, you didn't read about my cheapskate idea here.
If you have a medium-sized group or bigger, I would suggest splitting tables to use more coupons.



Source: http://www.souprestaurant.com.sg/promotion2.html

For the Soup Restarants at AMK Hub, Compass Point and Clementi Mall, the coupons offer the same deals but can only be used from Monday-Friday, excluding public holidays.

OFFER FOR BOTH COUPONS END 23 DEC 2011!
Coupons only apply to dine-in.
Remember to read the fine print!

Not sure if you have tried but I really like their Stir Fried Kai Lan with Dang Gui.
You can taste the herbal taste and I love that!
At S$11+ a plate, eat all the Dang Gui like I do and get your money well-spent! =D

So delighted that I've a laser printer at home!
I'm going to see how many coupons I can squeeze on one A4-sized paper.

With more than a month before this promotion ends, 兄弟(if any) 姐妹們, let's eat away!!!





Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...