18 November 2011

Coming up on TFL & my hearty DIY brunches

 The photoshoot crew just did a shoot on Wednesday.
As I was launching series 59, I could barely contain my excitement for Series 60. 
Haha, the peril of seeing too many pretty bags!
I had to tahan and not say anything, least it takes you girls attention away from Series 59!
Series 60 is going to be a smashing collection of glamourous high-street fashion bags from the likes of Zara, Alexander McQueen!
There's even a gorgeous envelope clutch with a furry flap and an awesome metal buckle!
*fangirl scream*

Wish I have a camera of my own so I can snap away and all of us can drown in a sea of pretty bags photos!

One tough thing about having a bag store is I have to constantly remind myself to bring in bags that suit everyone.
Not just myself.
My personal taste in dressing might be too eccentric for mass market. =D
But this time, I really think I hit jackpot!

Some of these bags have really high cost prices. 
In fact, similar as TFL manufactured bags.
But the quality is top notch & amazzzzzzzzing!
And can you believe it, some are even better than TFL manufactured bags!
My jaw dropped when I saw the bags and haven't even touched them yet!
If you buy it from bag stores outside, it's definitely going to set you back by S$70-80.
No one is going to believe that you got it from an online store.
I haven't set the prices but please don't be tooooo hard on me!
The prices are really very reasonable for the boutique quality that you are getting!

And one last thing, Tian Fen Lan's Burberry-inspired bag is here in 4 awesome colours!
I have a love for all things English.
If I'm not a prude about getting more cows slaughtered for my vanity's sake, I would have an entire wardrobe of Burberry bags!


Source: net-a-porter.com

Aaah, if only Singapore has Fall/Winter weather.
No need too cold, just like Australia's winter temperatures will do!
I miss decking out in Fall/Winter apparel!

For its size, I find the bag quite okay in weight. Definitely not a heavy bag. Fits A4 too!
Plus, the metal chain on TFL's version is only half the size and strung at the corner, so that it's definitely not chunky.
There are 2 zipped interiors for you to compartmentalise your stuff, like one interior for work/school, one interior for all your other barangs!
How convenient!

You might have noticed I have a penchant for manufacturing bag designs that are not readily available in the mass market.
In fact, I think some styles are uncommon among local girls.
Yes, I'm already trying to contain my eccentric taste.
But I really adore bag styles that are full of character and edge, yet totally wearable for all.
It makes the usual outfit so much more interesting and bags are always great conversation-starters!

Randomly, I have to learn not to stare after women's bags.
When I'm out, I have this unconscious habit to blank out in the middle of a conversation and turn my head around, if I spot a lady with an interesting bag.
And just stare, and stare, and stare...hahaha!
No camera to snap...so can only gawk.
That makes my friends/Husband very irritated sometimes!


About 2 Saturdays ago, I was at Ion around dinnertime.
Every other restaurant was packed and had queues.
So out of desperation, we ended up at Marmalade Pantry.
It was my first time there.
We ordered the brunch set, which cost S$18++ each.

Having breakfast for dinner, strange right?
Only something Singaporeans will do.

The thing, the set barely filled up half of my stomach!
There's 2 English sausages, baked beans, 2 triangles of bread (I asked for untoasted & brown bread), eggs any style (mine is poached) and some leaves, I think.
I ordered more bread, which came in 4s and at S$1 per triangle.
Given the bread is like those Gardenia bread, I would opt for TCC's hearty breakfast set anytime!
With 24-hour branches at the airport and International Building, you can have breakfast all day & all night long!


Source: www.theconnoisseurconcerto.com

My favourite is the Hearty Breakfast with Eggs & Shrooms!
At only S$11+, it filled me up much better!
The bread is much better than Marmalade Pantry's!

When the Husband was away (again!) for 5 days, I decide I will make myself brunch that can fill me up for hours, so that I have more time to do the launch & tend to the mails!
So here goes!




All ingredients are bought from Cold Storage! I'm a fresh food person! =D
There were more that I couldn't squeeze into the photo like some pesticide-free wild mushrooms and Meiji milk for the eggs.

Let me list some out here, with their estimated prices (sorry, I didn't keep the receipt!):

1. Aunt Jemima's Low Fat Waffles & Homestyle Pancakes
About S$5+ per box of 10 (waffles) or 12 (pancakes)
Cheap huh? Like 50cents per waffle/pancake!
I don't like using pre-mix to make pancakes. More washing-up and cooking fumes.
I pop these into my toaster over for 5-6 minutes, flipping them over in between.
And viola, done in a jiffy!

2. Blueberries from Australia
About $4.95.
Australia's blueberries are sweeter than those from USA.

3. Broad Oak Sausages
S$8.95 for 8 frozen sausages, product of England.
I was looking for something similar to what I had at Marmalade Pantry.
But the usual offerings at Cold Storage were like those Ikea hotdogs.
I found this tucked away at the frozen foods section.
The packaging was opaque and I couldn't see if it was what I want.
But if it's from England, I reckon I can't be too far off.

4. Amroso Tomatoes on Vine
S$4.65 per tray. I think there's about 10/12 in one tray.
I'm no fan of tomatoes because the acidity in them irritates my stomach, which was gastric-battered during my flying days.
But tomatoes on vine are much sweeter!!
& so unbelievably juicy!! =D

5. Heinz Baked Beans
S$1.40 per can.
I swear by Heinz for baked beans and ketchup.
They're the best!

6. First Choice Mini Romaine Lettuce
S$3.40 per box.
I get them for DIY Casear Salad when I have the craving.
They're sweet & crunchy! Better than NTUC's!

7. Sliced White Mushrooms
S$3.40 per tray. Pesticide-free.
I actually like them unsliced 'cos I like chewing on fat mushrooms.
But when I get lazy or if I don't think I can finish the bigger box, this is one to consider!




I found this Aunt Jemima brand from USA interesting.
Apart from another organic brand, this is the only brand of frozen waffles & pancakes that Cold Storage at Compass Point has.
"Made with REAL EGGS & MILK and other ingredients."
"Every batch made from scratch."

You mean, there's fake eggs & milk???
 I'm guessing that they mean those pre-packed liquid eggs and/or milk powder?

I like that there are no preservatives, high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavours.
Everything about Aunt Jemima's sounds better than those Kellogs frozen pancakes (with high fructose & all) the Husband bought from NTUC.




I went to peek at their FB page.
They have 234,531 Likes!!
I also want for Tian Fen Lan!
Just 1% also can!




Apart from my Coca-cola & chips, I'm quite a health freak in buying food for the family.
Look! Organic extra virgin olive oil to stir fry the wild mushrooms with garlic and make scrambled eggs!
There's really a difference in taste!

I'm not one that adore spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
So towards the end of cooking, I squeezed my bowl of baked beans, sausages and pancakes together on the baking tray and shoved them in the oven. =D
Together with the tomatoes!
Slightly cooked tomatoes have better health benfits than eating them raw.

I love my toaster oven!
It has cooked so many meals for me while I busied myself at the stove!




I don't take maple syrup, so I replaced it with honey that I already have.
The premium mix of wild mushrooms I bought from Cold Storage are not those seen in the ingredient photo earlier.
They sell at S$4.95 per box and have a mix of 3 different mushrooms.
Pesticide-free & chemical-free!

I overfried the eggs, forgot to add milk in them and broke one pancake in this. =(




Another try another time!
I ran out of sausages so I used luncheon meat. Haha!
人要懂得變通!Like what my Buddhist teacher always says!
This time I added some Meiji milk in the eggs mixture before frying.
Looks better, don't they?

My HUMONGOUS breakfast platter!!! So colourful!!
With fresh milk and side dish!! 

Made an effort to do proper plating for this 2nd try, as I wanted to snap photos for my blog.
Those years of working in SQ Business Class has also inculcated some decent food presentation skills in me.
=D

I estimate the cost to be about S$8 for this upsized version.
Easily 2 times bigger and it lasted me for 5 hours before I felt hungry again.
I would like to think I use better quality products too.

I was expecting the waffles and pancakes to be real sweet, since they're made in USA.
Surprisingly, they're not.
Far off from the sweetness of McDonald's pancakes.
You can add your own maple syrup or jam to up the sweetness.
Or if you like your food not too sweet, this is just great!

I used honey instead.




My favourite brand of honey from USA that my supplier recommended me!
Go google for Really Raw Honey! The feedback from consumers is amazing!
Pesticide-free!

I read that unproceesed honey has the best health benefits.
This is even better than the Manuka honey I used to lug back from New Zealand.
I drink a cup of warm honey everyday as it strengthens my heart too.
And also when I don't have time to eat.

I buy this 1.19kg version when Guardian has atrium fairs at shopping centres.
There will be 20% discount then.
In the pharmacies, you usually can only find half of this size.
But the bigger, the more value-for-money!
A honey shop at Takashimaya B2 sells it too.

Aaah...I miss my DIY brunches!
It's going to be a busy weekend!
Have a fabulous one, sweeties! =D
Be careful of rainy weather! Don't fall like me!
Can't wait to show you the bags coming up!



Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...