26 July 2011

Some useless trivia about me

 My 4-episode saga on my love & hate relationship with my skin 
+ the previous post on 觀世音菩薩 seem to have zapped away my English vocabulary.

Thinking hard for many late nights and stringing English words into coherent sentences 
at one shot for consecutive posts are...tiring. -___-

Going to wind down with a post on my random trivia. Better blog now or I might not have time for updates once preparation work for the next launch kicks in.


1. I'm a Taurus. Hence I'm stubborn.

2. I'm AB+. 

3. Only person in my family (cousins & all) with the same blood group is my sister. 

4. Told the Husband that if anything happen to me, can only find my sister for whatever donation.

5. I hope my sister still remembers this donation pact we had since we were kids.

6. My ECAs was Chinese Dance + Table Tennis in primary school.

7. But I could never do splits.

8. My first interaction with Korean culture was not through kimchi nor K-dramas, but a Korean dance instructor. 

9. She trained us with Korean drums for a Youth Festival competition.

10. We came in first for that. 

11. My first idol at age 12 was Aaron Kwok when his 1st album was released on 25 Sept, 1990. 

12. I bought all his cassettes and CDs, Mandopop & Cantopop, when I was a student.

13. I still remember the lyrics to 7 of his songs - 對你愛不完﹑愛你﹑雨中感嘆號﹑我是不是該安靜地走開﹑到底有誰能夠告訴我﹑難道你現在還不知道﹑我想偷偷對你說我愛你.

14. The Husband always guffaw whenever I do Aaron Kwok's dance moves from his MV: 對你愛不完. I don't know why.

15. 21 years on, I still do fangirl screams when I watch Aaron Kwok's MVs, especially his last year's 20th anniversary memento written by Jay Chow 《永遠愛不完》.

16. He is the most handsome idol to me. Beats all the Taiwanese idols hands & feet down.

17. I pierced my earlobes for 3 times before succeeding.

18. The first time at age 22, my earlobes got infected so badly that there are very big blood clots all around

19. The 2nd time, I refused to remove the studs and the lobes got so swollen that they 'swallow' the back of the studs.

20. I spent S$80 for the family doctor to get them out.

21. The 3rd time, I used disinfectant alchohol throughout the day on my ear lobes. Worked like a charm.

22. I wanted so badly to wear diamond studs and not clip-ons on my wedding day that I winced my way through the pain & discomfort.

23. In the end, I wore F21 earrings and a random pair that I bought from a NYC market.

24. I like drinking Coca-cola from its can.

25. I got a F for all the Economics tests and exams while in JC.

26. But I scored a B during A-Levels. It was very painful to work for that B.

27. I have never had long hair till age 25.

28. I was a librarian in secondary school. I like books. A lot.

29. I was a bookworm. As in, the Bookworm Club. You know, the one that has story characters, Edison, Mimi, Smarty, Porky, Louie, Sam Seng, Fat Ani and Simone.

30. I was a easy-to-bring-out child. Just give me books. I don't fancy toys.

31. From age 5-12, I liked flipping Yellow Pages and looked at the adverts & different categories. I think marketing was already in my blood then.

32. My ECA in SAJC was the Bookstore Co-op. I like stationery too.

33. I regret putting too much of my time in ECAs during University. I barely scraped through my modules in Bizad.

34. My favourite mooncake for the past decade is snowskin lotus seed paste mooncake from East Ocean.

35. When I like something, I like it for very long, like Coca-Cola. I think because Taureans are loyal.

36. I was a class monitor in Primary 3. Never make it to be a prefect or student councillor. I wonder why.

37. I am not a sociable person in real life. Making small talk is not my forte.

38. I prefer to be around people I know than to know new people.

39. My first best friend in primary school was 鄭月萍. She lived in the block next to mine.

40. She introduced me to my first part-time job selling 糖水 at World Trade Centre. We have since lost touch and sometimes, I wonder how she is now.

41. I do not take alcohol. Don't like the taste. Don't like the 'scent'.

42. I eat a lot. My appetite is 2 times of the usual Singaporean girl. And I don't hide my appetite even in front of guys.

43. Guys/girls who watch me eat will remark, "Wah!". Next question will be how I still stay slim

44. I think a lot. So I guess there's where the calories go.

45. But I find it offending when a guy remarks to my Husband, "Your wife eats A LOT!" Totally uncalled for.

46. I'm lucky that I marry a man who likes me to eat as much as I want to, as long as I stay healthy.

47. I do not agree with abortion, no matter what. It is still killing a life.

48. I had wanted to take part in Miss Singapore and other beauty competitions, when I was 20. But I didn't like the idea of parading in swimwear.

49. Because I had minor stretch marks. And yes, I find it condescending to some extent.

50. I've been interested in Feng Shui and Ba Zi (八字) since I was 14. Used to borrow tons of Lillian Too's books from National Library. I think such ancient knowledge rocks.

51. I'm not a TV person.

52. I like drinking water. Easily 2 litres of it when I am at home.

53. I bought insurance for both of my parents, after I started working. I do not want to be stranded with no money for them, should they fall severely sick.

54. Hospitalisation insurance is one of the best insurance we can buy for our parents.

55. I am the eldest. So I do feel the responsibility more.

56. I never want to go through A-Levels exams ever again.

57. If I can go back to my twenties, I would have plonked my money down on buying a condo unit at MeraPrime when it was launched. Imagine having passive rental income now.

58. I think saving up to buy a condo unit for passive income is more practical than buy branded bags.

59. Speaking of that, my biggest branded bag is only the size of a A5 book.

60. I only have 2 - a LV clutch and a Coach handbag. Both are canvas. I can't bear to have an animal de-skinned for my vanity indulgance.


Aaah, writing this is so much easier than the previous few posts. =D



Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...