05 July 2011

Parcel posting at Hougang Mall

On 2 separate occasions, parcel posting at Hougang has brought pleasant surprises, though it sorta caught me unaware.

I do have a Post Boy who helps me out.
Sometimes he does all the posting, sometimes I do, sometimes both of us have to when there's many to send out in a day.

After last week's launch of Millie Cross Tote, I was packing like crazy, trying to get everything out before I flew off to Penang the next day.
I lugged/dragged/pushed the big bags of parcels to the void deck.
 Usually when cab uncles see me 大包小包 walking towards their cabs, they have this perturbed look.
It's like don't know whether to come and help me (the sacks looks humongous from far), or just sit in the cab and wait for me to load everything myself (the sacks are indeed humongous at close view). 
But this time, the cab driver was very quick in getting out of his car, opened up his car boot and before I could say a word, he already took one sack from me to pile in the boot.
I was surprised, all the while muttering, "I can do it myself! It's heavy! It's heavy!"
It was such a sweet gesture.
I totally didn't see it coming.
Actually, I never expect cab drivers to help me with my luggage even during my air crew days. 
I just don't think it's expected of them.

To think I never noted down the cab driver's name! I was too mentally exhausted from all the packing.
But I took down his taxi number after I alighted.
Thank you, Mr Cab Driver of Comfort Cab SH6778H! =DD

While moving the sacks into the mall, an Indian security guard looked towards my direction, stopped me and asked me, "Where are you going?"
I told him, "Post Office!"
He was probably worried I was smuggling bombs into the mall, seeing the number of sacks I was struggling with. Maybe he thought my auntie-like get-up was a disguise.
At least I thought so.
He paused for a moment. 
I thought he wanted to check my sacks.
Omg, don't tell me he's going to open up the parcels that I packed like mad.
But I never have such problem before!
I'm going to be late for the Post Office!

And then, he took one sack from me, despite me repeatedly saying it was okay and I could manage.
Walked for 50m, decided I was still overloaded, took another bag from me and did the most amazing thing ever!


很神奇hor?!
When I saw him throw the sack over his shoulder, my jaw dropped.
I don't think even my Post Boy who's decades younger than the security guard carries the parcel sacks that way.
He transported the bags this manner all the way from 1st floor to 4th floor, where SingPost is.
Alright, we did took the lift. But still!



While tagging behind lugging the other bags, I was debating with myself if I should tip him, how much and if he would accept.
But my wallet was deeeeeeep down in the sacks. =(
When we reached SingPost, I didn't know exactly what to say (think I was still in shock that a guard helped me with parcels for the 1st time in 2.5 yrs) and only said thank you.
He even asked me if I was okay handling all by myself.
I said yes yes.
6 years of stowing luggage in overhead bins and pulling meal trolleys of tens of kilos makes me a weak damsel, not. =P
I forgot the guard's name and only remembered it being more than 10 alphabets and began with R. =(
Mr R even said he liked to help his customers!
Thank you, Mr R!

In case you're wondering, I was the plainest of my plainest that day.
No make up, wearing glasses, a 11-yr-old long culottes (I <3 old clothes!) with a ugly striped oversized T-shirt and dirty pink slippers to match, hair in a loose and falling-apart bun...
Not like anything attractive for Mr R to be so gallant towards to.
So I guess he's really helpful after all!
Either that or I must have looked so exhausted & pale when I stepped into the mall. =/

Yesterday when at SingPost, the macik was really amusing.
You know, aunties are kinda endearing in a certain manner.
She saw my TFL Triple Pocket Hobo and exclaimed, "Nice ah, your bag! How much? Got more?"
I get questions like this often. Sometimes I toyed with the idea of bringing TFL bags to SingPost to lelong. Hahaha!
Then she took a slip of paper and pen, and asked me to write down TFL's url. 
She wanted to introduce her daughter to TFL. 
Sweet much? =)
Afterwards, she glanced at the piles of parcels I plonked onto the counter and asked, "Your parcels are so heavy. So many! You pack all yourself? No one helps you?"
Before I could really answer, she then went on to tell me how other girls (blogshop owners, I presume) were using opaque plastic wrappers, instead of paper envelopes. 
Took a plastic-wrapped parcel to show me, said the girls told her they bought via the net and that next time, she would ask them for me, which website exactly.
All the while, I never even say anything, except kept smiling.
Hahaha, Macik is so cute!

 That aside, when I see the SingPost counter has new staff/trainees, I will 打起十二分精神 be more alert.
No lah, usually already very alert. *wink wink*
 Because many a times, it's always the new staff who will mess up the postage.
Forgets some stamps, puts parcel into wrong sack, charges me extra, leaves out a parcel which is somehow sitting in a corner of the counter。
There were 2 new staff at the counter yestereday.
True enough, the above happened.
Thank goodness I knew everything at the back of my hand and worked faster than them! =DD
Knowledge is powerrrrrr!


Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...