15 December 2011

Heaven is a place on Earth



Marks & Spencers was my favourite store to hang out whenever I was in London or Manchester.
In UK, Marks & Spencer is like everywhere, together with Boots pharmacy (UK version of Watsons).
I can go round and round in the aisles of M&S and try to think of things to buy.
No qualms about braving the frosty weather enroute just to chill out at Marks & Spencer.
I love their supermarkets & their auto check-out counters.
Why doesn't Cold Storage do something like that?

The M&S in Singapore cannot be compared to UK's.
It's a pathetic version over here.
In UK, I realised there's loads of frozen/chilled ready-made food.
Came to a conclusion, either UK resturants are too pricey for most or dinner options are way too limited compared to Singapore.
The latter is quite true though.

So I would be staring at the salad bowls, making friends with the soups or wondering if the frozen sandwiches will wanna stayover in my room.
The sandwiches at UK are of a totally different spieces!
Totally unlike what we see at Subway here!
Just the variety of breads alone is mind-boggling.
I get so spolit by the wide choices in Europe that I no longer buy white sliced bread.
That, to me, just ain't proper bread.

Speaking of bread, if you follow my tweets, you might notice that buying Sunshine hotdog rolls has become a competitive race in my household.
The supermarkets around my area are always out of them in the late afternoon, but not Gardenia's.
I reckon because Sunshine hotdog rolls have no trans fat.
And that sets me wondering.
Does the bread & buns of bakeries like Bread Talk, Prima Deli and Four Leaves have trans fat?
Well, there is no sign in their shops that say no either.
And sadly, I just discovered my favourite Heinz baked beans has trans fat. =(((
First Choice doesn't, but it's hard and not as yummy.
#lifeistough

Aah, 言歸正傳!
Main point of this entry is to rave about the unbelievably delicious M&S Extremely Chocolatey Chocolate Cornflakes Bites!!!!
My goodness! I couldn't believe how yummy it is!
If it wasn't at S$10.90 per tub, I wish I can have one tub everyday!!




It's mini cornflakes dipped in milk chocolate!!
Very addictive!!
And that's half of the original content!

Only thing that can put me off is there tend to be some stuck in my teeth.
And there's trans fat.
Yes, the latter sounds lame.
But hey! It's S$10.90 for one tub!
And it's not even fully filled!
I might just get more milage if I buy a pint of Ben & Jerry's.
My friend was asking why I would buy this when I prefer dark chocolate.
Well, this is manufactured in UK, hence the price, and most importantly, the milk chocolate from UK is different from that made in Asia.
M&S's version is awesome!!
I love all of M&S snacks & biscuits!!
Wish they have a mini supermarket in Singapore too!

By the way, in case you're wondering, the M&S Dutch shortcake is nice but not quite my cup of tea. =)



Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...