02 April 2012

A blogger I like and my new watch!


Recently I started following: http://fashiononymousblog.blogspot.com . It's a personal fashion blog of a fresh-faced Hong Kong teenager, Zoe Suen aged 15.

I can relate very well to her colourful & lively style. Zoe makes everything looks so wearable and put together. Some styles of other bloggers can be too abstract and unwearable for me. Like it will only look good on that blogger and not on me, so it's kinda hard to get inspired by following their blogs. Hehe. 

Another big plus for me is how Zoe mixes and matches her outfits often, so we get to see how much mileage one can get from one skirt or a shirt. She's not a wear-once-and-throw kind of gal. That, by the way, is what real fashion is to me. You won't see her dressed all skimpy and sexy too aka no money to buy cloth. (It's really very cold to always dress so little, you know.) I like! 

Here's some of my personal favourites: 


Credits: http://fashiononymousblog.blogspot.com

Credits: http://fashiononymousblog.blogspot.com

She made that skirt and hair bow herself!

Credits: http://fashiononymousblog.blogspot.com

Credits: http://fashiononymousblog.blogspot.com

I had been wanting to get another old-school Casio digital watch in gold for ages. The one I have now is silver and has dual clock faces, one analog and one digital. This is the one I had my eyes on for years:

If you are wondering why I have not bought this since I wanted it for so long, that's because I don't really need it. It's a want that I can do without. I'm very calm when it comes to shopping. My girlfriend will be buying almost everything she likes while I can just walk around with my wallet still full of cash. She says shopping with me can be a downer sometimes because I made her feel poor. Haha.

Such old-school watches go with almost everything and are really classic! I'm not the kind who can spend tons of money on 1 accessory, e.g few hundreds/thousands on a bag or a watch. I like getting value out of the things I buy and my attention span in that one accessory probably won't last long enough to milk all the value in it. Lol.

After seeing the watch Zoe bought from ASOS, it ignited the want in me all over again.

I know one place in Singapore that will sell the watch at a fabulous bargain.


Credits: storyofbing.com

The Husband drove me to Mustafa on a whim yesterday and boy, it was crowded!




Braving the crowds, with my squirrel ponytail and a old sling bag from Tian Fen Lan long long ago.




Walking and walking and walking. The walk felt especially long with having to walk left and right, to avoid banging into people. We entered from the newer building but the watches section was located in the other building. There's really A LOT of things that Mustafa sells.




Finally made it to the Casio watches! I was quietly excited! There were so many gorgeous varieties! Bracelets, leather straps, old-school, futuristic, vintage and many others that I couldn't find at the mall in my neighbourhood!




Trying on my long-time dream watch! It was going at S$33. That's like more than S$10 cheaper than the mall!

I used to wear only chunky watches. But as I age, I prefer smaller watches. Maybe it's a late and feeble attempt on my part to be more feminine. *bleah*

My dream watch looks really gold in real life too. So...




Tadah! I bought the watch as seen on Zoe! This is the smallest watch I have ever owned, not including those plastic toy watches my Mum bought for me as a little girl. It's not as golden as the previous watch, daintier and just as versatile. Feel so ladylike with this! Hahaha!

If you are keen, Mustafa is selling it at S$30. It does not come in a box, just that pouch you see in the photo and a 1-year warranty card. I <3 Mustafa!




Having a 要笑不笑, 要哭不哭 expression over here. The Husband was talking about buying the watch for me since it's my birthday month and I was mildly amused at his lack of creativity and the laziness in giving me a surprise proper. Hey, 9 years doesn't mean you don't have to spring well-executed surprises!




We went up to the Household department to look for a green floor mat. Reminds me of grass. I couldn't think of anywhere else that sells green mats and lucky us found it at Mustafa on our 1st try! And wow, that bright yellow floor mat looks really cheery! It's only S$4.50!




Very bad lighting over here, so got to turn this photo into black & white. I was so fascinated by the rows and rows and rows of waterproof table cloths! It's so hard to find a nice one at my neighbourhood. There were like 60 over options for me to go gaga at! 



The Husband was very unconstructive. He was going, "Eeek! Eeek! Eeek!" when I asked him for opinion, saying how the PVC cloths look very 'orbiang' and all. Without even looking at them in detail. Some men have no idea how difficult it can be to dress up a house. So annoying!

Till I gave him the death stare and asked him why such cloths (the one I was holding) didn't remind him of English cottage style. I might have also told him if I couldn't get a cloth, he wouldn't be eating at the dining table anymore.

He caught the hint and was like, "Oh yeah man, you are right! Yeah yeah yeah!"

=___=


At S$9.50 per metre, the price is pretty reasonable! I think it will look pretty draped over the washing machine!

I had wanted to buy a Canon S100 as a birthday present for myself and shucks, I forgot to check out the price at Mustafa. 




Now I realise why I find Zoe so familiar. Is it only me who find Zoe and my model having very similar 气质, apart from both being very pretty and skinny?
 
Have a great week ahead, my dear readers! =))




Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...