27 April 2011

Blog renovation

I have talked about it, dreamt about it, ranted about it and thought endlessly about it.

And finally, my blog has been renovated after a painstakingly 12 hours of googling & experimenting with HTML coding & comparing different looks on different windows/tabs. At any one time, I had like 10-12 active tabs.

Found the previous look kinda boring and there's too many gadgets I wanted to load onto the blog.

So, erm, border around post. Dashed, dotted, solid? Eh, how to make the line a nice shade of grey? Black looks too stark. Now the sidebars gadgets look kinda floaty. Okay, okay, how to put borders around the gadgets? Nooo, not the entire thing. Still don't look nice. Maybe like the Awesome template, where there can be a box around each gadget. Erm, how to express that in words to Google? Omg, should I just change the whole template? But I like the box around the dates. Only Simple has it. Aarghh.

Hmm, should I put a background on the blog? Eek, how come the Blogger pictures are all so ugly. Nah, white looks good. I'm more of a black and white person anyway. Don't try to be fanciful and act cute. So not me.

Wah, shadow outside border makes everything looks more 3D. Nice, looks like too many lines on my blog. Should I still keep the dashed border around the post? Okay, okay, why not just remove the shadow off everything and see how it looks. Hmm, flatter but somehow more comfortable on the eyes. U think so? Hey! Oh, no one's at home for me to ask.

Eh, how come the sidebar borders are so narrow? The gadgets are 'overflowing' out. Ugly! Aaaah, how how! How to ask Google? Overflowing, narrow, reduce space, margin, width. Oh dear, how come nothing right comes up. Never mind, let's see the whole HTML coding. Maybe can find something to adjust.

Nothing looks right! Urgh! Oh, wait wait, this reduce gap webpage. Okay, maybe I just adapt it to suit my needs. Left margin...is it from my view or from the page looking out? Don't be dumb, the page is dead, of course should be from my view. Minus means reduce, right? Okay okay, let's try. Eh, I put same values for both sides, how come it doesn't reduce equally?

I want to put a like button like how Wordpress does it. Only Facebook has like buttons for Blogger? Why Blogger can't be like Wordpress? Put to which side, left, right? Eee, this button style is not nice. So standard. Maybe I go Facebook see if they got nicer ones.

Ah, I also want to put a photo-of-the-moment! Great way to update on the go when I don't have time to blog. Do I use tumblr? So unfair, how come the widget is only for Wordpress? What about Blogger? Aah, Google says I can use twitpic. Oh ya, dumb. Why didn't I think of it? Saw it on so many blogs before. Eee, why must twitpic gives such ugly bright-coloured border? Can't they have something plain? Aiyah, just put everything in white and see how.

Now my header image is too short for the new width. So late already, maybe I do tomorrow. Wait, later readers come and see a lopsided banner, think it's not nice, then they won't come again. Okay, do now do now. Think I should just take away all the lines on the image. My eyes getting crossed.

Okay, let's see everything again. Wah, 美美liao. =)

Now, I just need a semi-pro for some can't-believe-she-is-so-good-with-the-camera photos. No need the bling bling.


I've been lemming for this since 2010 March...G12 also can.

Or an Iphone that lets me take, touch up & upload pictures on the go. Also, because it's much cheaper than a semi-pro. I like my phones in white.



Or just wonderful literary skills to blow my readers away, because photos are so hard to come by.

Oh, and time to blog.



Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...