10 April 2011

Faith

 I promise I will be back with a proper blog entry soon!

Meanwhile, here's a actor/singer by the name of Darren Criss. 
If you haven't heard of him, he plays a very popular character on the Fox series, Glee.
I like him a lot because he is so unbelievably cute talented. =P
And his long-time good friend, Charlene Kayne, who apparently resided in Singapore for a while too.
She wrote this song, which I have been playing on loop in the background for the past 3-4 days, while I battle the emails.
I like her soulful voice, the kind that can do jazz, indie and pop effortlessly. For an Asian, her voice is really different.


I admire people who can play many musical instruments. Something I always wish I have a forte in.
I wish I can sing as "soulful-ly" too.
Darren Criss is only 24 this year. I reckon Charlene to be in her early twenties.
How fortunate it is to be living your dreams at a young age!
I only got to mine at 29. Well, better late than never.

I see all these YouTube videos of people who invested real money in their own home studio and instruments, just so that they can sing their hearts out and upload the videos on YouTube.
I wonder how much that cost them. The set-ups I have seen are so elaborate and incredibly professional, that I can't help ponder how on earth did they gain such knowledge & expertise. It looks so complex to me.
Must be very hell-bent on your dream for a noob to be good, right?

More amazingly, there are so much talent out there apart from the usual pop culture artistes.
In USA, there are many communities that support & nuture such talent. Something that Singapore sorely lacks.

Isn't it a beautiful thing when you are doing something that you really love, day in day out?
 I think it's even more fabulous when you are surrounded by people who share your passion in life.
Don't you think so?




Charlene Kaye wrote this song too and is the set designer for this video. Simple & impactful video, I feel.
An enjoyable music video that actually makes a lot of sense, and not those typical MTV-videos that have some silly/ridiculous/non-existent storylines to mask the fact that they are selling women's curves, instead of musical creativity & true talent.
The lyrics & tango-like music are so different from the usual ballads. LOVES!
I like looking at such non-mainstream music videos when I am not feeling tip-top mentally.
Their professionalism and dedication blows me away and motivates me to pursue what I believe in too.

I stopped at Grade 6 when I learnt playing the organ in my secondary school days.
I wish to play the piano really well one day and have one in my home.
But I will do without the guitar. Tried learning it, & didn't really like it after all.


Never mind being different, I just want to live my dream thoroughly, inside out.
Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...