16 January 2011

添芬藍 Series 40 + Polka Dot Pigs = Cupid Sugar Frock

I knew one day Tian Fen Lan will sell its own manufactured shoes, apart from bags.

But it never crossed my mind that I will be selling manufactured clothes too.
Because my siblings are selling them.

One night, we were having this conversation, while looking at this picture. 

photo credits: thesartorialist.com
I have no idea which designer came up with this vintage-style frock. But boy, I was in love when I saw this.
I am never a fan of dainty, feminine dresses.
I like being edgy, different, vintage or just a mish-mash of everything. Just not girly & sweet.
While looking at this dress, my mind was already formulating a list of "10 ways to wear this dress".

When I was talking to the piggies half a year ago, they were not quite keen to manufacture this piece initially.
They were not 100% confident of the response from customers.
Actually, neither am I, even if TFL is to sell it alone.
So in order to get this frock out, we settled on co-manufacturing. 

The sample piece took almost 4 months to reach our hands. 
At one point in time, we thought it would be a goner.
The sample is, I would say, a toned-down version of the dress in the photo. 
We thought the original piece might be too 'different' for the tastes of the local shoppers.
It's our first try at this, & we're kinda nervous about the result.
And the piggies were telling me how my 'unusual' sense of dressing might not go down well with local gals. 
Hmm.. they are making me sound like a weirdo. =/
So here's presenting Tian Fen Lan + Polka Dot Pigs 1st co-manufactured dress:

Cupid Sugar Frock 
Of matte satin
 In 4 lovely colour palettes, great for CNY, Valentine's Day & even work or dinner date!
Dress is fully lined.


 I thought the cream version will make a really pretty bridesmaid dress, don't you think so?
Our model is 1.72m tall and the dress looks like a mini on her, but in actual, it is 33 inches in length.
To celebrate our 1st collaboration, mailing listees are going to enjoy S$1 off the list price!
If you are not on our mailing lists, hurry join now & confirm your subscription!
 tianfenlan.blogspot.com or www.polkadotpigs.com!


Did you spot the peep-toe booties on the model too?
Yes! It's TFL #2 manufactured pair of shoes!
When I was asking Jo for his opinion prior to design submission, he was his usual nonchalant self.
But when he saw the sample and me trying it on, he exclaimed that it was a very chic pair of booties!
It is very rare of him to like anything of mine. =P
 
Having it in Black was a no-brainer. But it took me 3 hours to decide whether to have it in Khaki or Chocolate. Even after that, I was still pondering whether I made the right choice for weeks!
Well, my mind only came to rest when I saw the stocks. Khaki Nude is such a great choice for light-coloured dresses!
I like looks with a bit of edge in them, and peep-toe oxford booties are a trendy alternative to the usual high heels!




One last thing, the quilted flap bag on the model was supposed to be launched in this series.
Both colours are so charming and the bag has a double flap interior, not the usual single compartment.
When I saw it in real life, I can't help but go ooooh and aaaah.
But sadly, the entire shipment arrived with scratches on the light gold metal plates.
I have no idea why the factories allow such defects to be shipped all the way to Singapore, only to have us go into a frenzy. =(
The cargo is now back at the supplier, awaiting a resolution when she's back.
Did I mentioned I waited almost 4 months for the sample to arrive, and another 2 months for it to be manufactured?
Because on the day of supposed shipment arrival, the factory decided not to do the bag and threw the sample back to my supplier.
Such work ethics! *gasp*

And to end off this preview, I must/want/shall/will put up the photos of how I played around with the dresses at home.
Remember my list of "10 ways to wear this dress"?
Okay, there isn't 10 ways here, but it was loads of fun matching my own accessories & jackets to the dress, and fulfil my secret fantasy of being a Topshop stylist.

Because I do not go to photo shoots, I shall allow myself to indulge, despite Jo insisting my photos are so raw, in comparison to the studio shots.

There! My own DIY photo shoot, in the comfort of my home, at 3am. Haha! =D
Reminder to self: to use smaller sized shoes for such shoot, least they look like Ronald McDonald's boots from an unflattering angle.

I thought you gals might like to see how the dresses look under non-studio lighting. =)
I was frantically ironing the nude pink blazer before that, as it was so crumpled. The things that go behind the scene, if only you gals know. 
All bags featured can be found at Tian Fen Lan, under Bestsellers section.

Do look out for the launch of Cupid Sugar Frock + Peep-toe Booties at Tian Fen Lan & Polka Dot Pigs on Tuesday, 18 Jan!
Timing will be announced on Tuesday.
I hope you like what we have to offer. ^___^



Metta,
欣雨Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...