02 March 2014

Staying positive

I have been feeling down recently, due to a whole lots of stuff. Been trying to sleep early, but somehow working at TFL has thrown my sleep cycle topsy turvy. Okay, not that I was an early sleeper pre-TFL.

I was a notorious late comer in school. From primary, to secondary to jc and of course Uni...I just CAN'T sleep & wake up early! I got so many dentention & warning letters I lost count. Even my mum gave up on me. If I had to do a 9-5job, you see how I die. During my flying days, I used to curse & swear when I have morning flight. The job was so not for me.

And tonight was one of those nights I feel obliged to work, but yet by the time I switched on my laptop, it was 330am. You know, at least settle some stuff before going to sleep. I have like 1001 things on my mind. Wanting to think abt TFL for 2014, wanting to do more translation for my Grand Master's Dharma sermons, wanting to set up a new site for my new venture (nothing to do with fashion, if you are wondering) and all these are things that take lots of time. Not a quick surf and I will get my answers kind.

The Husband says I always take on too many things but I would be like it's now or never, no? Maybe I need to be quicker in doing things. Maybe I need to be more decisive. And if I can't decide, go bug people who can help me and pay for their services if necessary. Like this setting up of a new site. I am so TERRIBLE at art and everything that needs a sense of creativity. Sometimes I think for TFL to have come so far, it's always very amazing. Thank Buddha thank Guan Yin thank all deities. Really.

Yes, I should just save up for it, sacrifice some things, and just pay for some pro service. So I can keep the whatever hair I have left on my head before I start pulling all out.

Anyway, so I turned on my laptop at 330am. Feeling torn between sleeping & doing some work. And somehow, I went to Blogilates website.





I like Cassey Ho alot. More than Amanda Russell, whom I previously blogged about. Cassey has full-length videos. Her moves are less complicated for me and I adore how colourful her videos are and how she's so energetic and positive. She has an inspiring story on how she became a fitness trainer & it's so amazing that her Youtube channel & website gives us all we need to have a fit lifestyle & a great body! It's SO COMPLETE! She even has monthly calendars of workouts for us to follow everyday!



I have been following her on Instagram for sometime. Though I am very impressed with her dedication & energy, I have never made the effort to do her workout. Does playing it in the middle of the night & watching it to feel the infectious energy count? Haha.

For some strange reason, when I randomly visited her website today, I was attracted to the "The 5 Best Ab Exercises" videos in her latest post.




I clicked 'Play', lied on my Seahorse mattress bed (super hard enough to be double up as a yoga mat on the floor, but not that painful for my problematic back), used my Ikea alarm clock (it was the heaviest object within that close proximity) as the weight for one of the moves and I NEARLY DIED doing those moves. First 2 minutes was easy-peasy....then I start to feel my upper ab muscles cramping up...oh my tian! I have concealed upper abs!!

I couldn't follow all the moves at the same time, but like what Cassey says, "Even if you didn't get through the whole thing, it's ok. You got through the whole at your BEST level. And everyday, you are better than you were yesterday! And that's all I want from you. I want you to reach your BEST potential. It's in THERE!"

The best thing about this random 10-minute Ab exercise at 330am is I felt real good afterwards. Not that those worries are gone like magic but suddenly things seem more possible! There is this mysterious new-found energy to charge forward. Haven't look myself in the mirror, but hey I'm feeling this post-dying-ab-exercise glow on my face! Gosh, I must really make more effort to do Cassey's workouts! I am not the kind who like to cramp myself in a gym or studio & workout with many ladies. And I believe exercise at home is possible without forking out a sum of money to work out (save on all the gym clothes. I can wear the same outfit & no one would care.)




If you feel the need to lose some weight to feel better about yourself, the above video has great tips!

I think Lord Buddha really heard my prayers just now and this is the answer to my worries. WORKOUT to feel on top of the world & I will be able to see things & do things with new energy & zest!!!

If you harbour this secret dream of having a Victoria's Secret Angel's body, Cassey has the complete workouts for various body parts on her Youtube channel too!

You know...if I have a quarrel with the Husband & say, he wants to do something to show his apology, I think I will ask him to do this workout with me...and see how he survive...Muahahaha.


Train like a Beast, look like a Beauty.

My motto for 2014.

From Cassey's e-store. So lemming for this! I love hoodies!



Metta, 欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...