07 March 2014

BEDTIME REFLECTIONS

Typing all this out on my Note, while lying on my bed. I prefer blogging with my laptop. It's faster and easier than grappling with the phone (Note One is fat!) but least my work distracts me, so I didn't on my laptop tonight. Have been clocking a week of 9am bedtimes. And my skin is showing it. Sometimes while researching for stuff, I end up mindlessly surfing. Told myself that hey, instead of just reading other blogs, I can also create my own content. Actually the real reason for my resumed blogging after half a year was my Fengshui master.

If you have read my old entries, he is known as Master Dai Hu. He was reading my annual luck for 2014 when he briefly mentioned I should make more effort to connect with people, both people I know & people I don't. He said I would learn to care more & open up my heart. I told him quite seriously I don't really know how to & that I find small talk a waste of time when I probably don't really care that much. Master Dai Hu said I have been lucky to be born with many benefactors in my life, but yet at the same time, I have never given that kind of help & concern to that many people. He told me that I would be a happier person if I find myself a useful person and can bring happiness to others. He said he had seen so many clients from all walks of life & he had rarely seen a happy one.

His words set me thinking for the past one month. What else should I be doing?

Then, one day, my neglected blog came to my mind. Blogging is sure hell of a way to connect with people right? Some of you are my customers, some are fellow online retailers,  some came here while googling for something (why does Happy Plant ranked so high in the subject search??) and some I don't know. I reckon as long as I blog about something useful, it would be a productive use of my time & at the same time, connecting with you, you and you. When I share with you the way I think and if you are facing the same problem as me, maybe you will feel less alone and see things from a different viewpoint. When I share the things I like, the food/places I fancy, you will have something new to check out or it might bring back some happy memories. Maybe is only a possibility, but then again, it IS a possibility.

Randomly, yesterday while taking the train, the cabin was packed with people and there was this lone empty seat in the middle. I peeped over to see why nobody wanted it and saw blood stains on it. Some poor girl must have stained it while menstruating. This is the second time I saw such an incident. The previous time, I took out my wet tissues to wipe it clean, prior to alighting at my stop. I used 3-4 sheets and a whole lot of tissue to grab the used wet tissues. But this time, I didn't have any wet tissues with me. I toyed with the idea of asking for wet tissues but I chickened out. 2 stops later, I alighted. I could have done better. I should have done better and I will next time. I didn't mind cleaning up such stained seats. Well, my previous SQ toilet training probably helps. The thing is I am sure everyone would be delighted to have a seat on the train, especially after work. And who wants to stare at blood stained seats on the train?

Oh well. Please let me be more thick skin and less self-conscious about silly things that should not mattered in the first place.

For readers who from time to time inquired about Master Dai Hu after reading about him here, he now has a newly set-up Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/masterdaihu. His FB posts are in both Chinese & English (you got to click 'See more' to read the English version as it's below the Chinese version). He's very polite (I inevitably also become more polite when talking to him) & most importantly, accurate in what he says & very resourceful with solutions to help his clients. Now you know where to find him, ladies!


Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...