13 May 2012

Because you brought me up


Hi gals! *waves* Aaah, glad to have this little pocket of time to blog a short entry again! Miss writing & talking to you gals!

I'm surprised that it has been 2.5 weeks since my last entry. Half a month! Time flies when work is eating me up! Apart from keeping up with weekly launches and cracking my head about the next direction to bring TFL to, I have been crashing myself in stocks for the past 2 weeks. My stocks now have a new home! The thing about stocks is...you think a bigger space is better, but once we moved everything into the space, suddenly it looks really tiny. Uh oh. Never mind, I'm just happy that things are a tad more organized now and that means faster parcel packing!

Gonna turn in soon because heading for Mothers' Day breakfast at Tiong Bahru Market later!

--------------------------------------------------

Overheard the other day:

Married man in his 40s: I think women should also serve NS. Because we men have been doing so much NS, so women should be enlisted too. If so, I would like to volunteer my wife for NS!

High-ranking army guy: Actually women are already serving NS. When you are away, your wife is working to feed your family, taking care of the household, keeping your house in order, taking care of your children and doing your laundry. And they do it all year round.

--------------------------------------------------

I was grinning from ear to ear when I heard this reply. Women can be so underrated. And so are mothers. 

My Saturday was spent doing TFL work, processing orders that needed courier delivery prior to Mothers' Day. One of the best things about selling bags is never have to worry about sizing problems when getting bags as gifts. 

Was writing a note for a customer this afternoon who wanted the bag to be couriered as a surprise gift and also to cheer her mum up. It was a couple of short paragraphs. But as I was writing it, I could feel the love she has for her mum and at the same time, the love I have for my own mum too. It was a tad ironic because I would probably never write that for my own mother, yet there I was, spending the afternoon writing notes for other mothers. 

Don't write doesn't mean don't care, Mum. I love you, even though you can be annoying at times. Most of the times, actually. Ya, I know me too. I know you love me. Though not in a way I hope you does, I'm contented that I have your sort-of-unconditional love. Hahaha. I know if the sky falls down on me one day, I can always, always, always run back to you. I never used to think much of that, but as I grow up, I realise how big your love has been. You have mine too, just so you know. You are always wishing that I'm more like other good daughters who you always talk about. All these years, I have come to terms that we will never have the same frequency and probably bicker & squabble for the rest of our lives, but at the very least, our love for each other are no less inferior to that of each other. I love you, Mum. No matter how far I am living from you. No matter how un-bothered I seems. No matter how busy I am with work. Thank you for all that you have done for me! I thought I knew how noble you are when I was an angsty teenager. Took my 30s to knock more sense into me. Better late than never, right?

Happy Mothers' Day to all mums in the world! May everyday be full of happiness & blessings for you, Mum!





Metta,
欣雨 Xinyu

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...